• Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

Dust Collector Remote

My old Shop Fox remote switch died and I need a replacement. If the Shop Fox remote is still made, I can't find it. The only options I found are the Long Ranger 110V unit and another 110V switch under the Grizzly name. Both say they are rated to handle a 1 1/2 HP dust collector and I think the Shop Fox was also. I am running the HF 2 HP collector that many on here have.

Anyone running the same collector with either switch? Do you have any problems with them?
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

Have you opened up the Shop Fox switch box to see if it has a magnet starter switch inside that could be re-used? I re-purposed an air conditioner magnet starter switch with a Christmas light remote control for my old dust collector remote. The only problem I had with it was my oversight in using a light remote with dawn to dusk. Occasionally it started my dust collector on its own when the sun went down and it got dark in the shop.

Comment

• capncarl
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Leesburg Georgia USA
      • SawStop CTS

Photo of my home made remote for 112-120 dust collector. I made this out of an electrical box that I picked up at a yard sale for a dollar or two, a Christmas light remote, probably $5 clearance after Christmas and a $10 contactor from Amazon. It works great and will handle 30 amps. The only problem is the light remote has the dusk to dawn feature and if I pushed the wrong button on the remote it could start up as soon as it gets dark in my shop! Nothing a piece of black elec tape over the eye didn't solve.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3874.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	829242

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3875.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	829243

Attached Files

Comment