No announcement yet.

Ryobi router depth adjustment jammed!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryobi router depth adjustment jammed!

I've got a RE1802M 2 Peak HP, Variable speed Ryobi router. It hasn't been used for months. I've removed it from the BT3000, unlocked the locking arm (actually removed the nut completely). I can't turn the adjustment ring. I've knocked out all visible sawdust.

I don't know where to prod, pry, or persuade the router to allow the depth ring to move. I thinking this might be a problem encountered before by some of you.

Thanks in advance,

I have not had this problem with the Ryobi Router, I have had plenty of tools stuck after extended periods of non-use. I expect that some of the sugars in the sawdust have absorbed moisture over time & have glued the mofing parts together. Either that or corrosion has set in.

The first thing I would try is to spritz liberally with WD-40, let it sit for an hour or so. & if it has not freed up, repeat a few times.

Spritz into every possible opening you can find in the lower part of unit. about all you can do to it is make it operate smoother.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the tip phi1l. Interesting hypothesis. I'm a bit surprised no one else here has had a similar experience. On the other hand, maybe I'm doing something incredibly d'Oh! I haven't got it out yet, can't even remove the D-handle.

I may resort to ball-peen persuasion soon.

tung tied

Parts of our coffee pot periodically freeze and can't be removed for cleaning. The manufacturer said put it in the refrigerator till its cold. He was right. Might be worth a try with your router.