• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sponathil
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2004
    • Plymouth, Minnesota.

quote:
    I still haven't called Youngblood's for prices. Did you ever find the name of that other dealer in Roseville?
    My friend doesn't remember their name so he promised to pull out some old receipts to find out. I'll post the info here as soon as I hear back from him.

Sangeeth.

Comment

• mr.g
      Forum Newbie
      • Jul 2004
      • Richfield, MN, USA.

Tim
      How are you liking the Craftsman #21788 benchtop jointer? Have you had any issues/problems with it? I see in the Craftsman Club flyer that it is going to be on sale the first week of August for $179.99 with club discount. I've got a pretty small shop (and budget too) and just wanted some followup on how it's worked for you.
      Thanks!
      Mark

Comment

• Dutch
        Forum Newbie
        • Jan 2003
        • Clinton Corners, NY, USA.

I have the other craftsman jointer on that page (the one for $399). It does a great job. My only complaint is the it is diffficult to get the fence perpendicular to the base. How the fence adjusts is one of the things I would really look at as well as how the outfeed table adjusts. But I like my jointer and it is the second craftsman one I have owned.
        Dutch
        If you do what you always did, you\'ll get what you always got.

Comment

• havighurst
          Established Member
          • Jun 2004
          • Metamora, MI, USA.

I have the Craftsman benchtop and have been very pleased. I found it on sale at craftsman.com and it was during Craftsman club days and saved an extra 10%. I was able to order it online and pick it up at my local Sears (saved shipping) for a grand total of $180. Just don't plan to move it alot as it is very heavy.
          \"Experience is the toughest teacher. You get the test first and the lesson later.\"

Comment

• JLyon
            Established Member
            • Jun 2003
            • Kirkland, WA, USA.

I studied all the same options and ended up with the Craftsman benchtop model for my small shop. Major reason was the cast iron construction, in other words: accuracy and stability. The Delta seemed really light weight to me.

Jeff

Comment

• icrazywood
              Handtools only
              • Mar 2018
              • USA

I am a professional woodworker. With the help of benchtop jointer, I've done my woodworking task easily and fast. If you are a woodworker, then I've given here a list of best benchtop jointer. So, simply check the list and find which one is best for your work.

Comment

Working...