• Show
Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

What is THIS doing in here?

Suddenly, my SDZ order of reading posts has gone haywire like some others have in the past. My browser opens SDZ into the Recent Posts. In the past, Recent Posts acted in a normal way for me with Recent Posts being chronological top to bottom. Beginning a couple of days ago, it started not showing in chronological order (latest to oldest). Today a new OLD one showed up:

NOTICE the second thread - no activity since 2013 and it is showing up as RECENT post. There was a complaint about a month ago from someone here that they added a recent post to a thread but it did not move the thread to the top. Well, this is happening to me now. This must be a reaction between the SDZ system and individual browser handshaking or cache browsing. These posts ARE registering on SDZ, but SDZ is NOT sending them to the top after the post on all browsers. I have opened SDZ in three different browsers and all three show the same thing. This speaks to it being more likely an SDZ software problem.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Recent POSTS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	300.8 KB ID:	830010
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
  • tfischer
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2003
    • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
    • BT3100

Ii don't see that under recent posts, for whatever reason.

For what it's worth I find "New Topics" to be a lot more useful than "Recent posts" as it hilights threads, not posts.

Comment

• twistsol
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
      • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

I'm not seeing that post at all, nor was I able to duplicate the issue last time it was reported. I'll see if I can get it to happen on any of the browers I have installed.
      Chr's

Comment

• twistsol
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
        • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

And here's the answer. There is a reply to this topic that is in moderation that I couldn't see until I was logged into my admin account.

What this really means is that I need to figure out how to automatically close zombie threads after they're a year old or so.
        Chr's

Comment

• Black wallnut
          cycling to health
          • Jan 2003
          • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
          • BT3k 1999

Originally posted by twistsol
          And here's the answer. There is a reply to this topic that is in moderation that I couldn't see until I was logged into my admin account.

What this really means is that I need to figure out how to automatically close zombie threads after they're a year old or so.
          That used to be a simple thing IIRC.
          Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

Working...