• Show
Clear All
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Long overdue shop project 1

A couple of weekends were necessary to get the shop tidied up and working again. First, I completely overloaded my sheet goods cart and crushed one of the wheels rated for 800 pounds. I also realized I rarely if ever moved the cart anyway so the new sheet goods storage is fixed in place and flat.

Chr's
    • Dec 2006
    • Lake County, Illinois
    • Ryobi BT-3000

Got enough plywood?!! Very nice. Looks like you've got some project work to do now.

Comment

• twistsol
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
      • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Originally posted by Slik Geek
      Got enough plywood?!!
      My kitchen cabinets have been on hold for over a year due to health issues and subsequent surgery. Now that I'm medically cleared, I need to start using up my excessive supplies ... once I get about 600 feet of trim sprayed.
      Chr's

Comment

• Slik Geek
        • Dec 2006
        • Lake County, Illinois
        • Ryobi BT-3000

That explains the large supply! SWMBO has similar plans for me. I'm curious if you purchased the plywood "in bulk" from something other than a normal retail supplier and got a good deal. If you scored something good in that regard, I'm anxious to see your wisdom.

Also, my experience with plywood from other than US and Canada has been "poor to horrible", so I'm curious about your procurement and particular plywood choices.

Comment

• leehljp
          Just me
          • Dec 2002
          • Tunica, MS
          • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by twistsol

My kitchen cabinets have been on hold for over a year due to health issues and subsequent surgery. Now that I'm medically cleared, I need to start using up my excessive supplies ... once I get about 600 feet of trim sprayed.
          I have lots of lumber, but I hate to use it! I am afraid that I will run out. I keep waiting for that super project that will show off the wood and grain well, yet is within my skill set!
          Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• atgcpaul
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2003
            • Maryland
            • Grizzly 1023SLX

Yikes, that's a lot of plywood! When I saw the thumbnail, I thought I was looking at a coffee table or something. Yeah, get to it!

Comment

Working...