• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ballard770
    Established Member
    • Jan 2016
    • Washington State
    • Ryobi BT3000

DIY dust booth for sanding, lapidary and sliver-smithing grinding and polishing

I am a BT3000 wood butcher ( I am not quite a woodworker but perhaps in due time) and I do lapidary rock cutting and grinding and polishing and silver smithing which entails raising some dust in filing, sanding and polishing. I am think about making a small booth - about 2'-3' of exterior wall space to allow it to vent outside after passing thru a filter. even though my lapidary saw is wet with either oil or water I would prefer that as much of that vapor with stone dust go out of the house thru a filtration system.

I could hook up my booth to my 240V grizzly dust collector but it is noisy and would be on for longer lengths of time than I would be comfortable with. I am thinking about a plywood box tapered to the back with a small squirrel-cage blower with a furnace filter or a filter bag in line before the air goes outside.

If anyone has ideas or pictures of similar projects I would really appreciate it.
Working...