X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mangorockfish
    Handtools only
    • Mar 2017

Craftsman Fence

I didn't know some of the terminology so thought a search wouldn't help me much. On YouTube is a video on tuning up one of the old fences that came with the Craftsman 113 series table saws. In it, adjustments are tweeked, a piece of Baltic birch was added and it was all waxed up for more "slideability". Anyway, does anyone here know where I can find the small nylon/plastic pieces and wheel for the back end that the whole thing rides on? Are they commercially available from some of the woodworking suppliers and what are they called? If I check Sears parts I'm sure they will say that these parts are no longer available. I'm planning on a new Incra TSLS in the future, but thought I would give this "tune-up" a try in the meantime. Thanks
  • LinuxRandal
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Independence, MO, USA.
    • bt3100

How about a link to the video?
    The one I saw, they used bearings more then nylon/plastic. Where another one I saw, they used HDPE, which is what cutting boards are generally made from and UHMW for the fence side.
    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• mangorockfish
      Handtools only
      • Mar 2017

It's called How to Improve Your Contractor Table Saw Fence on youtube by Jeremy Thompson. He didn't say anything about it, I just wanted to replace mine.

Comment

• twistsol
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
        • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

www.ereplacementparts.com has the entire fence available which is porbably overkill. The main plastic block at the back is called the roller holder, and are I don't know of any available. There is an article on this site that explains how you can make your own.

Chr's

Comment

• Twin Oaks
          Handtools only
          • Feb 2017

Funny I should see this now. I just rebuilt my fence on the Craftsman 113.xxx I own.
          The roller wheel is no longer available. I used a bearing instead.
          The name & number of it is Nice #3005DSTNTG18. It also says 201506 on the box.
          It was a perfect fit for the plastic wheel that had cracked on my fence.

Comment

Working...