• Show
Clear All
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

Saw blade question

Today i made myself clean some of my 10" table saw blades. I swap out blades on my table saw fairly regularly, before they get very dull, or from rip to crosscut blades and if im working on something that needs a crisp clean cut i may not put a blade back on from my dirty pile. Anyway, i noticed that the face of carbide tips of all the blades had a builup of resin on the right side of the face, even alternate cut face on the left side also had the same resin buildup on its rightside. All of the left sides of the faces were clean. The saw doesnt show any signs of being out of align, and a quick check with a square doesnt show and alignment problems. Has anyone ever noticed this righth side build up on rheir blades? Or is it normal?
    Last edited by capncarl; 03-03-2017, 03:27 AM.
  • Black wallnut
    cycling to health
    • Jan 2003
    • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
    • BT3k 1999

I've not noticed that issue with any of my blades. That seems strange to me.
    Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• tfischer
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2003
      • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
      • BT3100

Seems strange, but if the saw is cutting well I wouldn't sweat about it too much.

I do most of my crosscutting on the SCMS so I typically don't change blades often.

Comment

• cwsmith
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2005
        • NY Southern Tier, USA.
        • BT3100-1

Interesting observation, and I am curious as to why that should be. I just checked all my saw blades, and what there is of build-up seems to be pretty consistently flat across the tooth with only a slight amount on each side. That's the same on the 10" RAS, CMS, BT3100, BTS21 mobile, and even on my two hand-held circular saws.

It does make me curious though and if you discover the cause of this anomaly, please let us know,

CWS
        Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• JimD
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2003
          • Lexington, SC.

I don't remember it being this way. Is it possible you did a cut that took the buildup off the other side?

Comment

Working...