• Show
Clear All
  • gettools
    Established Member
    • Sep 2006
    • Fort Worth, Texas
    • BT3100

Ridgid R4513 or R4510

Does anyone have any firsthand knowledge of this saw ?
    Mark

A chip on the sholder is a sign of wood further up !!!!
  • gettools
    Established Member
    • Sep 2006
    • Fort Worth, Texas
    • BT3100

Well let me try again. Its been along time since I have been on here. even then I was not an avid poster. Hello all, due to a divorce and other personal issues I had to sell off nearly all of my tools. I am just now trying to get things back together. I missed a really good deal on a BT300 the other day and have not found any good ones at all. I am now looking at the Ridgid R4510/13 model portable saw. It has gotten many good reviews. I was also looking at the Craftsman 21829 but there is a big price diff in the two. I have half of a 2 car garage to work out of and even then it must all be put up to get cars into at night. Any thoughts, feedback and or comments would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Mark
    Mark

Comment

• JoeyGee
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2005
      • Sylvania, OH, USA.
      • BT3100-1

I don't have any info on those models. I do, however also share half a two car garage that I park cars in. I don't know limited you are, but my BT3100 is on a mobile saw cabinet. My point is, depending on your storage footprint, you may be able to expand your search criteria beyond those potable saws if you get creative. Again, I have no experience with those, but for those prices, I would be looking for a used contractor saw or for a little more, a new hybrid craftsman or the hybrid Rigid (4512?).
      Joe

Comment

• capncarl
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Leesburg Georgia USA
        • SawStop CTS

The Craftsman 21829 is the best folding up and getting out of the way saw on the market,and is a BT 3100 by Ryobi, can't get any better. In your space constrictions it is a good idea to wait for what fits your space better, a 21829 pops up quite often. I saw one recently at our Sears that had been returned or found in the back room with torn up cardboard, it will/has been marked down as clearance. The 4510-4513s are just circular saws in a box, no where near the class as the 21829.

Comment

• gettools
          Established Member
          • Sep 2006
          • Fort Worth, Texas
          • BT3100

the 21829 has been discontinued thru sears. I have spent the last 2 hours searching for one.
          Mark

Comment

• tfischer
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2003
            • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
            • BT3100

The saw I was considering when I bought my BT3100 over 10 years ago was the R4511 with herc-u-lift base. This is more of a "cabinet" saw then the two you mention (although it's still considered a contractor saw I believe).

When my motor died this past summer, I came really close to picking up one of these on CL, but I ended up repairing the BT.

As for using a garage as a shop, but also wanting it for cars, I definitely feel your pain. When I'm actively working on a big project, I can sometimes leave the cars out overnight, but otherwise the wife (and I) want them inside. I built a large mobile assembly table (that I call my "workbench") that has a homemade design based on the herc-u-lift so it's rock solid but also very portable. All my other tools are either designed to be used against the wall (drill press, CMS) or hauled out each session (table saw, assembly table,. jointer, band saw (just pull it out a few feet). And many of my benchtop tools have to be pulled from a shelf every time I use them, including my heavy planer and, until recently, a 100lb benchtop jointer (I finally found a way to squeeze in a Ridgid standard jointer)

We're looking at possibly doing a garage expansion this spring, depending on costs. I was laid off, and managed to pick up a new job right after my end date, so my 18 weeks of severance pay will help fund it

Comment

Working...