• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pins130
    Handtools only
    • Feb 2014
    • Lacey, WA

Ryobi BTS10

Took me a little bit to figure out what BT3 stood for but after reading some of your posts I was wondering if you could help me out. I have a Ryobi BTS10 similar to the BT3 but not as fancy. I'm having a problem with my blade adjustment. My blade tends to drop during operation. I've jerry rigged a clamp to keep the adjustment handle from spinning but there has got to be a better way, any Ideas? a new table saw is not an option at this point. Thanks
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

I am having some difficulty identifying what the blade elevation / tilt mechanisms are on your saw. The BTS10 is radically different in design and construction from the BT3xxx series saws, but shares some commonality.

I would check the fasteners / assemblies for the tilt / elevation mechanism to insure everything is tight, and meshes firmly. There may be lash adjustments somewhere in the assembly.

Take some photos of the assembly itself and post them up so we can get a better visual idea of what you are dealing with. We may be able to help!
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• keven rothermund
      Handtools only
      • Feb 2015

Just picked one up my self off Craigslist. The screw (elevation shaft) from the handle was stripped in the middle causing the blade to "drop". I just picked up a replacement handle/shaft from a parts place for an rts10 (along with the block that it threads into) to see if I can repair mine that way... will give an update as soon as I try.

Comment

Working...