• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillW
    Established Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Grapevine, TX, USA.

Selling BT3K and Accessories

Sad day here in Texas. Woodworking slowed down when the kids were born. Now that they're 9 and 11 it is nonexistent. Trying to make room in the garage so decided to let my BT3K find somewhere to be useful. Also have a number of accessories, some used and many new - still in box.

Thought about parting it out - amazed at what some of the parts are going for on eBay but we're rolling into a remodel and time is critical. What I would like to do is find someone who wants to take the whole shooting match. This makes it easy and quick on my end and would let them sell off what they don't want or need and probably recoup their whole investment. If anyone is interested for a local pickup, I am in Grapevine, TX near DFW airport. If this doesn't pan out, I'll come back on and we'll start selling individual items and parting out the saw.

What I have:
    -BT3K mounted on base with casters. Original switch has gone bad but using cord directly into extension with external switch.
    -Mitre slot table
    -Extra used rip fence (not pictured) with router mounting kit attached (also not pictured)
    -Ryobi Rapid set micro fence adjuster

Brand New Accessories (Still in box - never used)
    -Set of Casters
    -Dado throat plate
    -Dust Bag
    -Mitre Clamping kit
    -Router mounting kit
    -Zero clearance throat plate (set of two)

I had some issues with getting all the photos uploaded so I've uploaded the saw. The remainder of the items can be viewed in my dropbox account via this link.

If someone is interested in a local pickup, I will let the whole set go for $300. Please let me know if you have any questions. Also let me say that while I have not been on the forums here in years I have thoroughly enjoyed and gained quite a bit from my time on here. When I pick woodworking back up down the road, this will be the first place I stop.

Thanks,
    Bill
    Last edited by BillW; 03-23-2017, 03:38 PM.
    That's just my opinion, I could be wrong,

~Bill
    I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous!
  • tfischer
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2003
    • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
    • BT3100

Are you sure?

My kids are 9 and 12. My woodworking has definitely ebbed and flowed over the years (non-existant for a few, somewhat prolific last year). But one thing I really have started to value is having my kids in the shop. First it was to "help" me, essentially watching and hopefully absorbing techniques. In more recent times I've helped them do small projects on their own. I did one with my 12yo this past weekend... he had to do a class project involving a ball bearing... he came up with the idea to do a spinner toy and I helped him do something we both feel turned out quite nice. He did 90+% of the work himself, with me helping him set up tools, etc. I've attached a pic below.

Just saying that woodworking can actually supplement family time, not take away from it.

Comment

• JoeyGee
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2005
      • Sylvania, OH, USA.
      • BT3100-1

Same boat here. My shop time is wildly inconsistent and simply non-existent mostly, with kids 15, 12 and 10. I maybe get to work on something a couple days a month and sometimes, when I do have time, it just doesn't seem worth it for that short of time, or I feel guilty about not doing something with them. Or, I just don't have the energy. Other times, I can't wait to get something done. Unless you really need the space (or justification for a better saw later...) hold on to it.
      Joe

Comment

• BillW
        Established Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Grapevine, TX, USA.

tfischer and JoeyGee,

Thanks gents for the words of encouragement. We still do projects together. We built a BB Target box last summer and regularly do home projects as well as pinewood derby and rain gutter regatta. My daughter and I carved her a walking stick for indian princess. I agree with you, these are full on life skills that I am going to impart to them. In fact, watching my 9 year old cut his own pinewood body on the bandsaw this year was pretty cool. Of course Mom wasn't there to see it, too hard on the nerves.

As you mentioned Joey, space is the issue now. It's been a good saw but I know the day I decide to resume there are other saws better suited to my situation.

Bill

~Bill

Comment

• BillW
          Established Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Grapevine, TX, USA.

Whole package is sold. Thanks All.

~Bill

Comment

• UPS1990
            Forum Newbie
            • May 2017
            • Southern Cal
            • BT 3100

Originally posted by tfischer
            Are you sure?

My kids are 9 and 12. My woodworking has definitely ebbed and flowed over the years (non-existant for a few, somewhat prolific last year). But one thing I really have started to value is having my kids in the shop. First it was to "help" me, essentially watching and hopefully absorbing techniques. In more recent times I've helped them do small projects on their own. I did one with my 12yo this past weekend... he had to do a class project involving a ball bearing... he came up with the idea to do a spinner toy and I helped him do something we both feel turned out quite nice. He did 90+% of the work himself, with me helping him set up tools, etc. I've attached a pic below.

Just saying that woodworking can actually supplement family time, not take away from it.
            That's a nice toy piece! Do you have the plans for it? Would love to make this with my 10 year old son.

Comment

• tfischer
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2003
              • BT3100

Thanks! The only "plans" we used were a really crude pattern made in Sketchup that I used as a bandsaw template. I'll see if I still have it on my other laptop when I get home.

Comment

• tfischer
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2003
                • BT3100

Here's the sketchup files I have. This is literally the first time I had used Sketchup so they aren't very well done

Attached Files

Comment

• MDBerol
                  Handtools only
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Endless mountains in northeastern PA.
                  • Ryobi Bt3000 and Craftsman 10 inch cheap backup.

Did you sell the micro adjuster? I'd like to buy it if it's available.

Comment

Working...