• Show
Clear All
  • skevincampbell
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2015
    • Orlando, FL
    • Ryobi BT3000

WTB Router Plate BT 3000

I have a BT 3000, and would like to mount my router, from time to time. It seems to be a fairly large bolt pattern, and I think it may be proprietary. Did these saws come with a plate? If not, what plate would I need to get? Thanks,

Kevin
  • poolhound
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • BT3100

Its simple enough to just make a plate. 3/8 or even 1/4 ply at a pinch will work, although you will lose that much bit depth, hence why metal is preferable. You could start with a ply version and if the height loss is an issue just take that to a local metalshop and I am sure they could use it as a template make you one quickly and cheaply.
    Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
    techzibits.com

Comment

• tfischer
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2003
      • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
      • BT3100

They came as part of an "accessory kit" that was sold alongside the saw, along with some plastic rings for to make the hole smaller for various bit sizes, and a really, really crappy router fence.

It would be pretty simple to make your own, even if you didn't do metalworking. Just get some aluminum stock, and cut it to the proper shape. Then tap threads in for the 4 screws to hold it to the saw table, and then countersink screw holes to mount it to your router.

Aluminum is pretty easy to work with... When I replaced my original Ryobi router, it didn't match any of the stock hole patterns so I had to drill my own. A standard (for wood) countersink bit worked just fine.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

what router model do you have, I have a list somewhere of all the bolt circle patterns for major routers.

I think I also have a drawing of the hole locations for the router mtg plate.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• skevincampbell
          Forum Newbie
          • Aug 2015
          • Orlando, FL
          • Ryobi BT3000

Thanks for the help. I'm sorry it took a couple days to check back in. My router is a Hitachi.

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by skevincampbell
            Thanks for the help. I'm sorry it took a couple days to check back in. My router is a Hitachi.
            I asked for the model; you didn't say, I presume it was a M12V. Click image for larger version

Name:	hitachi pattern.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	826253
            Attached Files
            Last edited by LCHIEN; 07-06-2016, 11:27 AM.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• skevincampbell
              Forum Newbie
              • Aug 2015
              • Orlando, FL
              • Ryobi BT3000

It is an MV12. Thank you

Comment

• glennaycock
                Handtools only
                • May 2016

IIRC, the router plate only fits Ryobi routers. I had to drill mine for PC. You're better off starting from scratch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...