• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kshoemaker
    Yet to be determined
    • Aug 2005
    • Grayslake, IL.

Herc-U-Lift Plus for sale

I have a Herc-U-Lift for sale in the Chicagoland area. Below is m Craigs list posting. --SOLD--

No longer available. This thing went in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by kshoemaker; 03-14-2013, 09:55 AM.
    Shoey
  • axa
    Forum Newbie
    • Mar 2007

wow, i picked up 8 to 10 of these 5 years ago when they were cleared out at HD for as low as $7.50.
    thats a better return than i've had on my GOLD investments

Comment

• cwsmith
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2005
      • NY Southern Tier, USA.
      • BT3100-1

I agree, but when they are in demand it's not surprising what they'll get. IIRC, the $75 isn't much over the original asking price.

It was funny (at least in my two HD's) as I never saw these until they were being "cleared". I had asked about them only a few months before then and the sales manager didn't know what I was talking about (I had read about them here on the forum).

Then they showed up on clearance for around $14.00, so I bought two of them. A week later, they still had about a dozen of them and they were marked down to $9-something, so I bought two more and then suddenly the stock was completely gone, never to be seen again.

They really are great to have and I don't understand why Ridgid stopped making them.

CWS
      Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• sweensdv
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • WI
        • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

The guy is just trying to sell something and this is after all the "Classifieds". No need to give him a hard time about the asking price. If he has priced it too high then it won't sell.

Comment

• greenacres2
          • Dec 2011
          • La Porte, IN
          • Ryobi BT3000

Can't speak for the OP, but that struck me more as a discussion on market price changes. I wish i'd been around in those days--Axa and CW spent less on whole Herc-u-lifts than i have to on ONE caster today. Really, i believe they were gloating!!

Asking $75, the OP was not out of line on his asking price at all--not by current standards. I really like the Herc-u-lift concept, but prefer locking casters so i don't lose the opportunity to put a shelf or two between the legs.

earl

Comment

• axa
            Forum Newbie
            • Mar 2007

who said anything negative about him selling his property for whatever someone is willing to give him for it?
            I might ask why you might make an accusatory statement as such.

Anyway, i just never imagined when i put up near $100 for bases that I didn't know i would eventually need or not, that i would be looking at a financial investment if i decided to sell.

thinking about it, i think green is right, i suppose it was more of a gloat, which of course is frowned upon.
            but i think some people might be interested to know HD was actually clearing these awesome things out at $7.50! i drove to every store in 30 miles and collected them all. oops, i think i gloated again?
            Last edited by axa; 03-15-2013, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• cwsmith
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2005
              • NY Southern Tier, USA.
              • BT3100-1

Lighten up there guys!

I don't think anybody was picking on the seller, because he was asking anything absurd.

Likewise, I'm sure I wasn't "gloating" as you say; just stating a story as to what they were priced at.

IF, I had wanted to gloat I would have done it back then and tell everyone just how particularly lucky I was because nobody else could find them at the time... which of course wouldn't have been true, the clearance was almost everywhere.

CWS
              Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• greenacres2
                • Dec 2011
                • La Porte, IN
                • Ryobi BT3000

I meant no offense to anyone--especially not to you CW, or Axa. In my book, a gloat-worthy score is a high praise, not a reason to be shunned.

That was, when you got them, definitely gloat-worthy--still is, even at this late date!! We'll need to check the Statue of Limitations to see if it's still an eligible event.

Every HD store within 30 miles of me is one--just barely ( i think it's 27 or 28 miles from my house).

earl

Comment

• tommyt654
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2008

Lighten up gang,I would have gotten them for free and shipped to my door free as well

Comment

• sweensdv
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2002
                    • WI
                    • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Sorry if my response came across as picking on anyone as that was not the intention. As I pointed out this is the "Classifieds Forum" not a discussion forum. For my money there should be only about three responses to any ad put into this forum;

1. A question put to the seller about the actual product being offered for sale.
                    2. A response saying the poster will buy the item.
                    3. A PM sent to the OP response.

I think a good gloat has its place just not necessarily in a thread where someone is trying to sell a like item. There should also be no need to point out the item was purchased for less than what the current item is being offered for. We can all have our own opinions about whether or not the item is worth the asking price but in forums dedicated to only selling product it's, IMO, much better to just MYOB and not voice them.

Comment

• Rjfeist
                      Handtools only
                      • Nov 2016

I have the Ridgid 3612 with the Herc U lift system but missing the 2- 27" Tube Rear pieces. Was PN 827829 no longer available. Anyone know where I can get them or someone to send hole measurements so I could have a pair made. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

• Rjfeist
                        Handtools only
                        • Nov 2016

Looking for 27" Tube Rear pieces for Herc U Lift System for the TS 3612. The tubes have been discontinued. Measurements of holes or where to get them would be great. Thanks

Comment

• Rjfeist
                          Handtools only
                          • Nov 2016

Ridgid 3612 missing caster system part 827827 27" Tube rear. Great Saw, just want to put on the caster lift system but missing the 2 tubes. Any comments would be appreciated.

Comment

• cwsmith
                            cwsmith commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Just looked at the Herc-U-Lift as it's setup on my BT-31001, where the rear tube measures about 24-inches. However, it is not one solid tube, but is three pieces to make that length. The two end tubes are 8-inches in length and are 1-inch square. The longer tube is in the middle, sliding inside the end tubes and locked into position with a single bolt on each end tube.

If it would help, I could take a photo.

CWS
                        Working...