X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jerry
    Handtools only
    • Mar 2018

Ryobi AP-10 Surface Planer

Just obtained a working Ryobi AP10 surface planer. Does anyone have a PDF of the manual. Also looking for the jig for blade replacement.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
  • cwsmith
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Sorry I don't have that manual, but I do have the Ryobi AP1300. Not sure how similar it may be though.

CWS
    Attached Files
    Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• Jim Frye
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Maumee, OH, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

I have it in .pdf form. It's 14 pages long.

AP10-all.pdf
      Last edited by Jim Frye; 03-08-2018, 04:55 PM.
      Jim Frye
      The Nut in the Cellar.
      ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• jerry
        Handtools only
        • Mar 2018

Thank you very much.... !!!! Now I just have to find a blade adjustment gauge.

Thanks again,

Jerry

Comment

• jerry
          Handtools only
          • Mar 2018

Thanks Jim... That helps a lot. Now the search for the blade adjustment gauge.

Jerry

Comment

• cwsmith
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2005
            • NY Southern Tier, USA.
            • BT3100-1

Jerry,

There are a few video's on YouTube for "adjusting planer blades" as well as articles on the subject. I'm not sure if you really need to buy a gauge, but the video's might be worth checking before you plunge for the expense. Just 'Google' "Adjusting planer blades"

Hope this helps,

CWS
            Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• Jim Frye
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2002
              • Maumee, OH, USA.
              • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Jerry: Glad to help. For everyone out there with Ryobi tools, I have most all of the Ryobi OMs from just before they shut the web site down.
              Jim Frye
              The Nut in the Cellar.
              ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• cwsmith
                cwsmith commented
                Editing a comment
                I remember the Ryobi forum well. You did such a great job there. Too bad they dropped all of that!

CWS
            • Jim Frye
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2002
              • Maumee, OH, USA.
              • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

A bit of humorous tidbit from that era. Shortly before Ryobi shut the website down, I received an e-mail from the new Vice President of Marketing. She was trying to find out who I worked for at Ryobi because they wanted to change things to Facebook and wanted input from me. She said no one knew who I was. All of the folks I had worked with there (including the former Vice President, Chief Engineer, and web administrator) had departed the company, sort of leaving me holding the bag (so to speak). Apparently, none of the former employees had documented what went on with the forums. She was sort of dumbfounded when I told her I didn't work for Ryobi and that I maintained the forums on a volunteer basis. That led to all sorts of historical (and somewhat hysterical) questions about my history with them. After over ten years of doing that, I told her it was time for me to move on.
              Jim Frye
              The Nut in the Cellar.
              ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• cwsmith
                cwsmith commented
                Editing a comment
                That was really too bad. The Ryobi forum was a pretty successful format I think. Actually I was on there before joining the Ridgid and BT3 forums. It certainly was enjoyable and had quite a following IMO. While I thoroughly enjoy the SawDustZone, the Ryobi forum had a nice group of people and the format and content was an almost daily visit for many of its members. No doubt about your importance to all of that and surely it would not have been any where close to the success it had without you being there.

I always had the feeling that Ryobi management had no interest in it though, and I guess in the end they proved that. They should have sent you a nice check though, for all the years you made it an important interface for their products. It would have been nice if they showed their appreciation for your efforts.

Do you know how their FB efforts are working? I don't do the FB thing, so I have no idea what all goes on there.

CWS
            • Jim Frye
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2002
              • Maumee, OH, USA.
              • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Never checked the FB page as I also don't do that stuff either. The former VP and the former Chief Engineer did show their appreciation. No checks, but lots of tools for "early production evaluation". The CE thought I should know about the products if I was going to support them (wink, wink,nudge,nudge) and he made himself available to me for any technical questions about the products. The big change came when the IT guy was no longer able to put time into the forum software and he just gave me administrator authority. Again, all not documented.
              Last edited by Jim Frye; 03-09-2018, 10:09 PM.
              Jim Frye
              The Nut in the Cellar.
              ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• Margie
                Handtools only
                • Aug 2021
                • IDAHO
                • Shopsmith Mark V

After going nuts trying to find the model # on this Ryobi 10 inch planer I bought at a tool auction a few years ago (it's bolted into a roll-away cabinet and the angle iron is right over the numbers), I finally figured it out. Then going on the puter to try to find a manual for it has been frustrating - seems like a bought a discontinued item. But i've had a lot of fun learning to use it anyway.
                the puter finally popped up with your page and having a PDF version of the manual which I downloaded instantly - and also made a copy to use in my shop. Thank you so much for putting it online.
                Next step is to find an Elevator handle and a new blade.
                Thanks again, Margie

Comment

Working...