table saw 5/8 miter slots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• table saw 5/8 miter slots

Are there any good 5/8 miter gauges available. I bought a saw thinking the slots were all 3/4 which is not the case.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 07-27-2017, 11:49 PM.

What is it made of? I had that issue with a Ryobi band saw that had an aluminum table. I widened the slot by cutting it on the table saw with my least-favorite carbide tipped blade using multiple light passes. If that can't be done, you could have either the slot widened by a machine shop, or replace the miter bar on a good miter gauge. Maybe have the bar machined?

Comment

Only seen those narrow miter slots on inexpensive saws and sanders with small tables.. Is it a standard depth of 3/8" as well?
      What TS is it?
      Last edited by LCHIEN; 07-29-2017, 01:58 AM.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - http://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/dis...sked-questions

Comment

It is an inexpensive saw which was my first mistake. I am afraid that the only good solution is to by a better saw.

Comment

I'd go the table saw sled route rather than modify a miter gauge. You can use wood or hard plastic Uhmw pe, for the slots, since its captured in the slot it doesn't have to be absolutely perfectly true.
          capncarl

Comment

I think Carl has the right solution for that saw.
            Joe

Comment

Working...
            X