This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dhedrick

Bill,

I just purchased a AP10 and your on-line manual was very useful. Thank you. I don't have the setting jig and I was wondering if I could take you up one your kind offer to Brian and get the measurements so that I can make one.

David

Comment

• bmyers
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2003
      • Fishkill, NY
      • bt 3100

Hi David,
      I'm glad you could download the manual but I don't have this planer anymore. Maybe you could ask entogeek to take some measurements for you since he just got one also.

entogeek, did you get the manual ok? It should be here: http://www.wpsee.com/ebay/ap10-all.pdf

Bill
      "Why are there Braille codes on drive-up ATM machines?"

Comment

• scoly
        Established Member
        • Jun 2003
        • Lubbock, Texas, USA.

Found a blade adjustment jig if you still need it. Try here:

lawnmower parts, small engine parts, lawn mower parts, briggs parts, MTD parts, MTD lawnmower parts, tecumseh parts, mtd parts, small engine repair,chain saw parts, snowblower parts, snow blower parts, manuals and Advice for your Lawn and Garden Equipment... lawnmowers, snowblowers, MTD, Briggs, Tecumseh, Generac and more! 24-hour secure online ordering

and do a search for part no. 6072883
        hth
        Steve
        It\'s the combined experience of the members on this board that make it such a great place.

Comment

• dhedrick

Steve and Bill,

Thanks for the help. I have ordered the jig.

David

Comment

• messmaker
            Veteran Member
            • May 2004
            • RICHMOND, KY, USA.
            • Ridgid 2424

I read an article on Ryobi planers the other day and they said they tend to accumulate debris on the infeed rollers and it could lead to snipe. Just a heads-up in case you run into problems. I think Ryobi has it fixed now.
            spellling champion Lexington region 1982

Comment

• LinuxRandal
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2005
              • Independence, MO, USA.
              • bt3100

quote:Originally posted by bmyers

I have a manual and the planer. When I bought mine, the guy had built a stand for it and ran a piece of melemine through it to help with the snipe. I don't think the ap10 manual is online but you should check.

Let me know if you can't find it, I can scan it. Some highlights:

1) Each complete revolution of the handle moves the blade 5/64 of an inch. Generally I remove about a 1/4-1/2 of a turn at a time. For the final pass I move the handle even less, if at all.

2) Minimum stock thickness = 1/2"
              3) Minimum stock width = 3/4"
              4) Maximum depth of cut 3/32"
              5) Maximum width of cut = 10" (softwoods)
              6) Maximum width of cut = 6" (hardwoods)
              7) Maximum stock thickness = 5"
              8) Minimum stock length = 14" (shorter could result in kickback)

Blades can be resharpened. Best way to avoid snipe really on this planer is to cut it off.

Great little planer otherwise.

Bill
              I think it was on woodshopdemos.com that I first (and only) saw the melamine trick used. Now this one, has anyone here used this trick?
              I bought the Delta from Redmond a while back (thanks all) from a link in the bargin sections, and I was thinking about trying it.
              She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• allsas

Thanks, helped w/Repair of Ryobi AP10.

Thanks for posting the Operator's Manual. ( to: BMeyer)

Bought an AP10 w/o Manual and its power cord needed to be replaced.The cord was breaking through the covering and kinking the wires at every kink, loop, and guide. The strain relief molding coming out of the motor was dried and cracked. Never saw a cord in such bad shape. It was getting worse every time it was moved.

Had to tear down the unit to get the belt off one side and access to chain drive sprocket on the other to move motor out of the cutter case. Found the switch housing filled w/sawdust, packed. Switch connections are screws and wire ends are ring connectors. The plug was a two prong, and cord a two wire.

A cord from a scrapped Radial Arm Saw, was used as a replacement. The quick connectors from the saw were replaced w/ ring connectors. No place to connect the ground.

The disassembly gave access to the gearsand roller chains. They were packed with sawdust and grease was hardened on the gears. Some resin build up in the chip channel. Had to leave the planer sides loose , until the height adjusting mechanism is in place on reassembly.

Only 2 screws left over after reassembly, the screws from the switch housing. It is working after the reassembly and will be adjusted.

Comment

• jerry
                  Handtools only
                  • Mar 2018

Just got my hands on a Ryobi AP10 surface planer in good working order. Anyone have a PDF of the manual. Also looking for blade adjustment jig.

Thanks for any help that is out there.

Comment

Working...