Peppermills

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peppermills

Been trying my hand at peppermills. Once I figure out the best process order to minimize the amount of changing drives/chucks and rechucking I think these can be cranked out fairly efficiently and when sold will produce a fairly good ROI.

Two of these came from the famous pool table legs and worked out great. I still have a few blanks from the legs left and the rest are now cutting boards. (see other post - more boards).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Peppermills.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	581.3 KB
ID:	828015
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Peppermills-2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	631.5 KB
ID:	828016

Attached Files
    Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
    techzibits.com

Great work Jon - nice selection and combination of woods, and I like the clean lines of the form. Whose mechanism are you using in those?
    Bill in Buena Park

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in Buena Park View Post
      Great work Jon - nice selection and combination of woods, and I like the clean lines of the form. Whose mechanism are you using in those?
      Thanks, I much prefer these clean styles as opposed to the traditional ones with all the beads etc. It also makes them much easier to turn, sand and finish :-) I think the mechanisms are from PSI or craft supplies (probably the same anyway) they were part of that large batch of stuff that came with the Nova lathe when I bought it last year. I have 2 or 3 left of these and I also have a few of the CrushGrind mechanisms which I have not tried yet.
      Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
      techzibits.com

Comment

Thanks for posting these, they are very nice! I too like the clean lines, That one on the right, I find that particular pattern especially attractive.

Interesting project, and I've admired your cutting boards. Great use of those pool table legs in both cases and I love what your talents and skills have done for 're-purposed' wood.

Thanks,

CWS
        Last edited by cwsmith; 11-01-2016, 11:52 AM.
        Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

I like them! The nice clean lines do not distract from the natural look of the wood.

Comment

Really nice work! I too prefer the clean lines.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

"Like an old desperado, I paint the town beige ..." REK
            Bade Millsap
            Bulverde, Texas
            => Bade's Personal Web Log
            => Bade's Lutherie Web Log

Comment

Working...
            X