• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jking
    • May 2003
    • Des Moines, IA.
    • BT3100

2014 Projects

I really only completed two projects this year.

The first one is a Christmas ornament from a branch cut from out maple tree. I did some trimming and ended up with an offcut that was less than 1/2". I sanded it up and made an ornament out of it. I sanded to 220 and rubbed on some BLO and top coated with gloss lacquer.

The second one is a treasure chest bank I made for my youngest son. I made one a couple of years ago for my oldest son & decided it was time to make another one. It is made from old floor scraps. I stained with Minwax Golden Oak & then sprayed on satin lacquer.

Thanks for looking.
    John
    Attached Files

Comment

• Richard in Smithville
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2006
      • On the TARDIS
      • BT 3100

I spent more time involved in some home reno's inside and out this year. I made a few small customer jobs and a wedding present for my nephew but the highlight of 2014 was getting published. It was a great learning experience and the possibility for more work is there.

My Article
      From the "deep south" part of Canada

Richard in Smithville

http://richardspensandthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

• capncarl
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Leesburg Georgia USA
        • SawStop CTS

Finished up the last of my 2014 projects. LOML birthday present (1/6) ha ha she is older than me for a month now!
        Antique pine buffet sized for our dining room and matches the dining room table I built her for Christmas. Built from a newspaper photo of a buffet with shutter doors, no plans. This finishes off my stash of antique pine and I don't think I will pursue getting any more of it. Way to hard on the planer and ruins the drum sander and splinters so bad you almost need to keep the EMT on speed dial.
        capncarl
        Attached Files

Comment

• cray-
          Forum Newbie
          • Nov 2013
          • Perth, AUS

Helped make this little fella & welcomed him into the world in March. Him and his big sister have kind of prevented me from getting into the shop, not that I'm complaining. Maybe in 2015 I'll get a bit of work done... maybe.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by cray-; 01-12-2015, 08:54 AM.
          Michael

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

wonderful achievement, Cray... you can always get shop time in later, spend time with the kiddos; it goes flying by and they're off to college or work or their own family before you know it.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• jabe
              • Apr 2006
              • Hilo, Hawaii
              • Ryobi BT3000 & Delta Milwaukee 10" tilting Table circular saw

Repair oak flooring & repair window trims (termite damage) and painted the master bedroom in my rental. Touch up painting on the interior walls, repair window screens and change lock sets & add dead bolts to another rental (new tenants moving in). Nothing done to my home, wife is still waiting for me to remodel the kitchen it's been in planning for 2 yrs. just can't get motivated. Other than that, too engrossed building AR 15s and reloading + golfing 3 times a week. Life is good made 10 yrs. in retirement last December.

Comment

Working...