• Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Washer Toss game board.

I was asked earlier this week to build a washer toss game board for a friend's crawfish boil that starts now in 2 hours. After getting a plan for the game, I came up with the following...

To keep costs down, I ripped left over 1x6 stock down to 1x2 that the plan called for. I should have went myself and gotten the plywood. He overpaid for the lumber.

The construction is simple screwed together butt joints. I used 78 coated deck screws per board. The distancing rope that holds them together at 10' apart is cammo tarp cord that I use for backpacking. I have way more than enough of this stuff to be able to donate it away...

He overbought so badly, I have enough material except for the carpet and hardware to build a second one. I might just grab some carpet, and of course the clasps and handle, and do just that for the church youth group...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • JoeyGee
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • Sylvania, OH, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Looks like they turned out great and should be lots of fun. The past few years I have built and sold dozens of cornhole sets--very easy and cheap to build and similar to what you built. People pay obscene amounts of money for these sets around here. I don't feel I gouged any one, but I sold them for more than I thought they were worth.

I think as woodworkers we sometimes underestimate the worth of what we can do. I have always believed in business it's not what you know, it's what others don't--or not what you can do, it's what others can't do.
    Joe

Comment

Working...