The project I will NOT be entering in the 2x6 challenge...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

The project I will NOT be entering in the 2x6 challenge...

I finally got up off my tail and worked up my drill press mobile base. All of the lumber is milled to 1.25" thick, and the mobile base hardware is the Harbor Freight kit that used to be under my old, not gone universal base that held up my planer at one time.

It's 28" wide by 24" deep, and 2.5" high lumber to lumber. It adds a HUGE amount of stability to the drill press, so I am happy with it...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

That looks nice! I want to do that to my DP . . . when I finally get some space in my shop to access my tools.

Tonight, we just got our bed from Japan put up. With lots more furniture, books and office items to get organized, it will be some weeks before I get some shop time.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

I honestly originally planned on filling the void with 2 layer lamination of 3/4 ply, but I had a brain lock on the challenge and thought it was going to be due on March 31, (brain damage...), so I slapped this together. I am glad I did. The added height makes the DP MUCH more comfortable to use at my height... I don't really need the void filled anyway.... And no matter how ugly the thing is, it improves the stability of the DP hugely...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Mr__Bill
        Veteran Member
        • May 2007
        • Tacoma, WA
        • BT3000

Looks good and the spaces will hold two sand bags when you need some more stability.

Bill
        the sun came out today, the end of the world must be near....

Comment

Working...