• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • venkatbo
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006
    • Cupertino, CA, USA.

Nice work.

Would it possible to share the plans for this. 'Am thinking of building something on similar lines.

Thanks,
    /venkat

Comment

• spratone
      Forum Newbie
      • Feb 2006

I'll try to get some plans together soon. As for the 3 inch space under the top in the center, I cut out the space under the inside of the saw base. This will allow saw dust etc to collect below it. I blocked off the access from the front and I am using this to put my feed safety tools right now. Not sure if I want to make a drawer for the front. As for the back, I will build a drawer to collect the dust that the shop vac doesn't get through the extraction port. I am unsure if I want to add the doors on the front two sections. I may also add drawer slides and a platforms to the left and right side sections to let me pull out the storage.

Thanks for all the input and praise.

Comment

• spratone
        Forum Newbie
        • Feb 2006

Here are some rough dimensional drawings.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by spratone; 03-24-2006, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• spratone
          Forum Newbie
          • Feb 2006

Now, the reason I made it this tall was that I am 6'6" and needed the extra height, plus my scroll saw was just under 17" tall and barely slides into the cabinet. I added a portion of some new rails (I have 13" sections front and back rails left over) which necessitated making the cabinet that wide. The torsion box is made with plywood to a total height of 4" (2 1/2" dividers). I'll add more photos when I get my end supports built and mount my router. I now need to figure out how to make a router table. Any suggestions??? I did take Ray's recommendation with the Triton router. I got it yesterday and just had to test it out right away. WOW!!! so easy to use, and nice clean cuts.

Brian

Comment

• SHADOWFOX
            Veteran Member
            • May 2005
            • IL, USA.
            • DELTA 36-675

Great job, Brian!! Thanks for the plans!
            Chris

"The first key to wisdom is constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth." -Pierre Abelard 11th Century philosopher.

Comment

• venkatbo
              Established Member
              • Jan 2006
              • Cupertino, CA, USA.

Thanks for plans ;!)
              /venkat

Comment

Working...