• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buddyrough
    Established Member
    • Feb 2003
    • playa del rey, ca, USA.

Cherry Bedside Table

CAN ANYONE LOOK AT THESE FILES AND SUGGEST HOW TO GET THEM TO SHOW UP AS PICTURES - OR AT LEAST A URL???

This is the first of two tables and a kingsize platform bed I'm making for our master. It's natural cherry with no stains or coloring - I'm a fan of the natural. It has 4 coats of poly and nothing else. Had to special order the wood to eliminate sapwood and I like the way it turned out. This is the first time I've cherry but it has been easy to work with except it does burn easily on ripping

• buddyrough
    Established Member
    • Feb 2003

My Cherry

Gawd!!! this is frustrating!. I put [img] in front, .jpg and [/img] at the end and can't even get a url I kinow this is not hard, any suggestions?

thanks Rod

Comment

• Deadhead
      Established Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Maidens, Virginia, USA.
      • BT3100

Originally posted by buddyrough
      Gawd!!! this is frustrating!. I put [img] in front, .jpg and [/img] at the end and can't even get a url I kinow this is not hard, any suggestions?

thanks Rod
      I checked properties on the first red X, copied the address, and pasted into IE. Nothing.
      This is what I tried:
      "Success is gettin' what you want; Happiness is wantin' what you get." - Brother Dave Gardner (1926-1983)

Comment

• John Hunter
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Lake Station, IN, USA.
        • BT3000 & BT3100

CAN ANYONE LOOK AT THESE FILES AND SUGGEST HOW TO GET THEM TO SHOW UP AS PICTURES - OR AT LEAST A URL???

This is the first of two tables and a kingsize platform bed I'm making for our master. It's natural cherry with no stains or coloring - I'm a fan of the natural. It has 4 coats of poly and nothing else. Had to special order the wood to eliminate sapwood and I like the way it turned out. This is the first time I've cherry but it has been easy to work with except it does burn easily on ripping

Let me try and help. This is a way that works for me. First when you are posting and want to add pictures scroll down below the text posting box and click on the manage attachment button
        Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	779093
        That will enable you to upload the pictures to the site for posting. Then go back to the text box and type in the text, then to add the picture to the post click beside the paper clip in the tool bar and select the picture you want in that spot.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	779094
        John Hunter

Comment

• Tom Miller
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2003
          • Twin Cities, MN
          • BT3000 - Cuttin' it old school

Are you sure shutterfly allows pic hosting?

Regards,
          Tom

Comment

• buddyrough
            Established Member
            • Feb 2003

Originally posted by John Hunter
            Let me try and help. This is a way that works for me. First when you are posting and want to add pictures scroll down below the text posting box and click on the manage attachment button
            [ATTACH]561[/ATTACH]
            That will enable you to upload the pictures to the site for posting. Then go back to the text box and type in the text, then to add the picture to the post click beside the paper clip in the tool bar and select the picture you want in that spot.
            [ATTACH]562[/ATTACH]
            I have tried what you said and there is no tool bar where I can select the paper clip. Furthermore, when I type in my reply to you above and then review my post, my text disappears and I have to re-type. I have done a complete search of the forum about how to post (which I have done before on the old software) but have found nothing that will explain this process from beginning to end. Clearly I am very screwed up here and only getting worse because I am SO frustrated!

Comment

• buddyrough
              Established Member
              • Feb 2003

test

[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...100QbtWzZo1YsT.jpeg[/img]

Comment

• buddyrough
                Established Member
                • Feb 2003

test 2

Apparently one can see this picture by clicking on it - what is the step that actually shows the picture?

Comment

• dxcoded
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Oct 2003
                  • nashville, TN, USA.
                  • ridgid ts3612

here is the button I use to post this picture
                  eric may

Comment

• Scot
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Feb 2006
                    • Ottawa, Canada
                    • Ryobi

It may be faster to load your images into BT3 directly from your computer instead of from shutterfly.
                    This worked for me: I saved copies of images to my desktop: "cherry table.jpg" and "ManageAttach.jpg".
                    Then I typed message in "Reply to Thread" (I didn't preview because I got lost in there before)
                    Then I paged down to "Additional Options"
                    Clicked on "Manage Attachments" where a new screen pops up where you have the choice to "Upload File from your Computer" or "Upload from URL"
                    In this case, I chose the first option and "Browsed" to my desktop and doubleclicked the jpg files I wanted to load.
                    Clicked on "Upload", closed "Manage Attacments" browsing window and clicked on submit reply.

!!!!!!Better yet, see Rod Kirby's March 16th post in "Testing forum / Forum related questions" titled "Posting Pics- easy steps. Very clear and inciteful. "Scot"
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Scot; 03-16-2006, 08:07 PM.
                    Art

Comment

Working...