Will BT3100-1 saw fit on BT3000 base? Will BT3000 saw guard fit on BT3100-1?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kirkg
    Handtools only
    • Nov 2017

Will BT3100-1 saw fit on BT3000 base? Will BT3000 saw guard fit on BT3100-1?

Hi-

Have a BT3000. Looking at buying a BT3100-1 w/o the base and w/o the saw guard.

Thanks-

Kirkg
    Hi-

I have a BT3000 and am looking at buying at BT3100-1 w/o its stand and blade guard. Will the BT3100-1 top fit on the BT3000 base? Will the BT3000 blade guard fit on the BT3100-1 base?

Regards,
    Kirkg
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 11-08-2017, 10:04 PM. Reason: Same question, same poster
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Yes. While the 3000 and the 3100 have different bases, both will fit on either base.

Blade Guard, the blade guards are interchangeable also.

Welcome Kirk. Got your PM and am answering it here. It takes 5 posts to get it to show up automatically. We had a plethora of spam members signing up and had to change our settings sometimes back.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

I answered the questions on the other post. AS to looking for 3100 - are you having problems with your 3000?
      Hank Lee

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

I merged the posts.
        Yes, the blade guard and the base is interchangeable.
        THe compatibilities and differences between the various BT3 models are discussed in my BT3 FAQ. TO download it follow the link in my signature line, at the bottom of my answer here.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Kirkg
          Handtools only
          • Nov 2017

Thanks both of you for the information. Regarding why I'm looking at the BT3100-1 is my BT3000 has both the bevel jump issue and the Rip fence accuracy issue. I've read the articles on both of these. I can't get the bevel adjust to work correctly. I've taken the handle, adjust wheel, and cam part off and cleaned & adjusted and tightened everything but the angle adjust still skips gears when trying to adjust the angle to 0. I can pull on the handle and the wheel and set the angle to 0. But can't do it using the gears. I noticed that when I have the saw upside down or with the front panel up (saw on its side) the bevel adjust works correctly. The rip fense back ends pulls to the left when tightening it. Haven't tried to adjust it yet. Anyway, someone is selling a BT3100-1 w/o the base, blade guard, and rip fence handle for $60. They say they are the original owner and it only has 2 or 3 hours on it.

Again, thanks both of you very much.
          Kirkg

Comment

• leehljp
            Just me
            • Dec 2002
            • Tunica, MS
            • BT3000/3100

Kirk,

Look at the link below and read the whole thread before you do anything. Hopefully something in that link will help:

Hank Lee

Comment

Working...