X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inkslinger
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2014

RYOBI Dual Slot Miter Table Extension

Can one install 2x Dual Slot Miter Table Extension , one on each side of the blade ? I've seen pic's but no info couple of years back.
    Last edited by inkslinger; 02-03-2017, 09:42 PM.
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Yes, several have done it over the years. Shouldn't be too hard to do.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• tfischer
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2003
      • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
      • BT3100

There was someone here, or on another site, that sold a kit to make it easy to do. Not sure if that's still available but that's what I use.

EDIT:
      Here it is. Says "sold out", but you could contact them to see if they will be available still.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

I believe the DMST mounts to the left side directly. But that you can mount one to the right side but you need to do some adapting.
        I think there's a section on it in the BT3 FAQ.
        Heres the section:

Why isn't there a miter slot on this saw? How can I get one to use miter slot accessories?
        The Sliding Miter Table (SMT) provides the basic function of a miter slot used to crosscut wood. Many agree it does a better job than a miter slot and miter gage, chief attributes being the enlarged angle scale, and the locked-on sliding table. However there appears to be a sizable group that likes to use conventional and upscale miter gauges like those from Incra.

There are also widely available or DIY jigs, like tenon jigs and crosscut sleds designed for miter slots. Most accessories and jigs can be reworked to work with a SMT. If you must have a miter slot, then Ryobi sells a miter slot table (MST, Ryobi Part number 4060310) (also included in the accessory kit) which mounts on the left side of the saw table (which moves the SMT further left from its usual left spot). It has two slots. Some enterprising people have also mounted one on the right or made extension table tops that they routed for slots or mounted additional miter slot tracks into. They show up on eBay frequently for around $20-30. Single miter slot aluminum extrusions are also available from woodworking suppliers; you can set these into wood table expansion sections and using various attachments on the saw, attach them to the BT3. Because the blade relationship to the saw is fixed and not adjustable, be sure and make the miter section with slight adjustment of angle to match the actual blade, not the ribs on the table top.

As mentioned, an alternative to the Dual miter slots from Ryobi is to roll your own. Buy a couple of pieces of miter slot extrusion from Rockler or Woodcraft or Incra. Get a 1.5" thick piece of wood and put a dado groove in it for the slot. Then mount the wood either side of the main table with some adjustments to make it parallel to the blade as the BT3 blade is NOT guaranteed parallel to the table. Or instead of a thick piece of wood, laminate some 3/4" wood leaving a slot in the top layer by cutting two pieces.
        Last edited by LCHIEN; 02-04-2017, 02:50 AM.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• cwsmith
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2005
          • NY Southern Tier, USA.
          • BT3100-1

On my BT31001, there are "pads" (for a lack of a better description) cast into the left side of the center bed, on which the accessory miter slot table sits. Those "pads" are both front and back and provide both the proper height and mounting holes for the miter slot table. The right side doesn't have that "pad" area. You would have to add a mounting board of sorts, under the slot table of slightly less than 5/16 th thickness and also some way of mounting it to the base (holes, etc.).

Shouldn't be a big deal, but that is the primary challenge.

CWS
          Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• tfischer
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2003
            • BT3100

The kit I mentioned above consisted of some metal L brackets that screwed into the saw body using self tapping screws. It works really well and is easy to install.

If the original poster contacts the seller and reports back that they are no longer going to be available, I'll take some pictures and post them so you can recreate it if you want.

Comment

• inkslinger
              Forum Newbie
              • Feb 2014

Originally posted by tfischer
              The kit I mentioned above consisted of some metal L brackets that screwed into the saw body using self tapping screws. It works really well and is easy to install.

If the original poster contacts the seller and reports back that they are no longer going to be available, I'll take some pictures and post them so you can recreate it if you want.
              Thanks , I can't seem to find any info of the seller who made these kit. I think the post is out dated .

Comment

• inkslinger
                Forum Newbie
                • Feb 2014

Originally posted by tfischer

I think the post was outdated if you can post some pic's Thanks

Comment

• tfischer
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 2003
                  • BT3100

Oops sorry forgot to get back to this. We're expecting a bunch of snow tomorrow night so my "shop" has been collapsed back down to a "garage" for a few days... Give me a week or so and if I don't post it by then, bug me again

Comment

• capncarl
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2007
                    • Leesburg Georgia USA
                    • SawStop CTS

Some of you guys with cnc printers should print dual miter slots.

Comment

• tfischer
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 2003
                      • BT3100

These photo isn't very good but better than nothing... was hard to get a good pic as the rails obscure it. This is the front of the saw, the back is similar. The angle bracket screws into the body of the saw. There are holes that line up with the holes in the miter slot table to secure it.

The black thing is the cam lever holding on my rails. It's obscuring the leftmost screw holding on the table.

I'll try to take more/better pics but figured I'd get something up since I promised a long time ago.

Comment

• Paula
                        Handtools only
                        • Mar 2017

I inherited my dad's BT3000 when he passed. I found this site and would like any advice on if I can add T-Slot panels to this saw. Is there an after market accessorey like this. Having the T-Slots would make a wider selection of jigs possible. I would also like to ask if there are better fences that would work with the BT3000? The one that came with the saw is not reliable accurate from front to back. I appreciate any help that is out there.

Comment

• inkslinger
                          inkslinger commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Just need to check so often on Ebay ,some one does part them out or find new items floating around. I just added a HTC HTC2000 Universal Mobile Base so I can move my BT3000 around freely in my basement an put it away when not in use.
                      • spelljammer
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Jun 2012
                        • Martinsville, Indiana
                        • Ryobi BT3100

I sure wish they were still making the kit! http://bt3000.com/RSMTMK/

Comment

• tfischer
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 2003
                          • BT3100

Originally posted by spelljammer
                          I sure wish they were still making the kit! http://bt3000.com/RSMTMK/
                          Yep that's the one I have and shot the (bad) picture of above. Works very well.

Comment

• BMiles
                            Handtools only
                            • Jan 2017
                            • Massachusetts
                            • Ryobi BT300

What is the width of the slots on the dual slot miter table accessory? I read that it was 3/4 inch but a 3/4 board is to big? I want to get some UHMW Polymer to make a sliding table. I used wood but it keeps binding up. Peachtree shows size "0.745 for Sears Table Saws". is that what I want?

thanks

Comment

Working...