• Show
Clear All
  • JM Pipes
    Handtools only
    • Oct 2016
    • Oklahoma
    • Ryobi BT3000

Rip Fence alignment issues...

As far as I am aware, nothing is broken on my BT3000 Table Saw but the rip fence will not stay aligned once locked.

It slides back and forth smoothly, and locks firm on the handle end but the far end (opposite the lock handle) will not stay in place. This has put me in a spot where I have stopped using the saw currently from safety concerns until it can be fixed. I can post detail photos of the rip fence if that would help with troubleshooting.

Thank you for any help!
  • Black walnut
    Administrator
    • Aug 2015
    • BT3K

Welcome to the forum! I deleted your duplicate post. I'm away from home currently and do not have easy access to my image files. Please be patient and I'm sure someone will reply with helpful pics.
    just another brick in the wall...

Boycott McAfee. They placed an unresponsive popup on my pc.

Comment

• poolhound
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2006
      • Phoenix, AZ
      • BT3100

It may just be the far ends needs adjustment. could you post some pics?
      Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
      techzibits.com

Comment

• JM Pipes
        Handtools only
        • Oct 2016
        • Oklahoma
        • Ryobi BT3000

Not a problem. I did completely take apart the fence after I posted this, and for some reason it seems to be behaving for now...

I did notice that on the left side of the plastic end (non-handle end) there is a crack. Maybe replacing that end would help?

Comment

• leehljp
          Just me
          • Dec 2002
          • Tunica, MS
          • BT3000/3100

JM, do you mean that it moves even after it is locked down or do you mean that - it moves in the rear AS you move the lever down? It is designed a little strange from normal saw fences in that it locks in the back. The back end is intended to swing into position as the lever goes down after the front part locks. On the top are two hex head screws that allow you to loosen and postion everything. Loosen it, align it pefectly as you want it - (some people leave it the thickness of a piece of paper away from the blade at the back end to prevent pinching) Then tighten the screws. As you release and tighten, you will notice it "swing into alignment as the lever goes down and it locks in the rear. The front locks before the rear does. That was intentional in the design. I think it is mentioned in the manual somewhere, but I never knew it until some here pointed that out some years ago.
          Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• JM Pipes
            Handtools only
            • Oct 2016
            • Oklahoma
            • Ryobi BT3000

Hank, I dd notice that but prior to this morning when I took it all apart, it would still wiggle even after locking it down. I may have "fixed" whatever the issue was simply by tearing it down and building it back up. I'll keep an eye on it.

It's definitely one of the more interesting table saws I've used.

Comment

Working...