X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dindallas2
    Handtools only
    • Nov 2015

Best Place To Buy Spare Parts and Other Questions

I have a BT3000 and a BT3100 but neither has had much use in the past. I know these saws were made quite some time ago so parts are getting harder to find. I have been looking at the articles and threads on the site but have not located answers to my questions:

1. Is there a list of recommended spare parts?
    2. Is there a good place to buy them? Several places show the parts but do not have them in stock.
    3. Where is a good place to buy the the SMT slide parts 661845-001 and 661844-001?
    4. Can the dual slot miter table be mounted on the left and right of the blade? I have seen pictures set up with one on each side but don't know how they were mounted.

Thanks in advance for the help. I'm happy to know that there are other who are still using their BT3000s.
  • vaking
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2005
    • Montclair, NJ, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3100-1

I have had my BT3100 for over 10 years. It had seen some use. The only part I had to replace were pair of belts that drive the blade. Since that time I keep a spare pair (it uses 2 belts). I heard other people had problems with shims but that was mostly on BT3000, not BT3100. And sometimes plastic handles that raises the blade gets stripped. If you have both BT3000 and BT3100 with neither having lots of mileage I would not run to stock up on parts. May be one pair of belts for both and nothing else.
    I have dual-slot miter table mounted on the left of the blade. I have also made my own insert with aluminum track on the right. Original dual-slot table can be mounted on the right with some efforts, some drilling will be required as well as some engineering. I really don't see a need for it - T-Tracks are commonly available and making your own miter slot table is very easy.
    Alex V

Comment

• dindallas
      Forum Newbie
      • Feb 2004
      • Dallas, Tx.

Alex, can you post a picture of your miter slot table you made?

Comment

• poolhound
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2006
        • Phoenix, AZ
        • BT3100

My 3100 is still going strong. I built it into a large saw/router station and it is the center of my shop. Over the years I have bought up some older 3000s and 3100s for parts although not much fails if you look after the saw. I did away with the SMT in favor of using the miter slots and various shop made sleds. I do keep it around for occasional special use but the saw stays mostly with 2 fixed tables on each side. I may have a spare SMT somewhere if you need one.

As far as parts is there something specific you need? I have in the past bought things from here

The miter slots table is typically set to the left of the blade although you could have one on either side.
        Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
        techzibits.com

Comment

Working...