• Show
Clear All
  • Neal
    Established Member
    • Apr 2012
    • Williamstown, WV (Mid Ohio Valley)
    • Ryobi BT3000

Incra ls17 positioner fitted to my bt3000

Well one of my projects for this summer was to find a way to use my incra ls-17 on my bt3000. So today while the poly was drying on my kitchen table, I decided to figure it out.

The slots on the base of the ls are 140mm on center. So using two of the holes in the accessory table I drilled for a third one.

I used a step drill to bore the hole.

The slots on the base of the incra positioner are designed to accept the heads of 1/4x20 bolts (7/16 heads)

I slid the base and fence on to the bolts. Next up is aligning the fence to the blade.

Snug the bolts tightly and adjust the vertical elevation of the fence and I am good to go.

It takes about 10 minutes to setup and align the positioner. Max width with tables on both sides of the blade is about 13 1/2". Could probably squeeze a little more width if I took the table off the left side of the blade. I'm also not using the wonder fence part of the incra system.

I will do some test cuts I. The near future to see how things work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Have you got the rear clamp (comes with the Ryobi router mounting kit) installed to that aux table?
    Without it the front clamp alone allows the table to swing a bit which will throw your accuracy all to heck.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Neal
      Established Member
      • Apr 2012
      • Williamstown, WV (Mid Ohio Valley)
      • Ryobi BT3000

I do not. Didn't know there was such a part. Do you have a picture of what it looks like?

Comment

• twistsol
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
        • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

I was going to ask the same question. I went out and took some pictures

BT3k Accessory Table Clamp This is the clamp itself.

Mounted on the rail, the long tab sits in the bottom groove of the back rail with a T-Nut and a knob
        BT3k Accessory Table Clamp mounted on rail

When you drop the accessory table on, and tighten it down, it keeps the back end of the table from shifting left to right which would be a problem keeping the incra jig square. Pay no attention to the piece on the bottom of the rail, that's for my outfeed table. It just happens to be lined up looking like it belongs there as part of the accessory clamp.
        BT3K Accessory Table clamp with table installed.
        Last edited by twistsol; 05-25-2015, 03:05 PM.
        Chr's

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

Exactly what I was talking about. You definitely need that and Chr's got all the good pics there you need.
          I'm sure you could make one, but it comes with the router mounting kit bcause the router mounted to the plate would swing back and forth against the rip fence come router fence which is mounted solidly to both rails.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• TimTucker
            Forum Newbie
            • Jun 2014

Nice, I'm tentatively planning on trying to rig something up with 2 rip fences and an original Incra jig as part of a frankensaw build (pics and a separate post to follow soon)

Comment

• bigstick509
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2004
              • Macomb, MI, USA.
              • BT3100

Very nice Neal. I have the LS17 and have been thinking about doing the same thing. Looking forward to your thoughts after you use it a bit.

Mike

"It's not the things you don't know that will hurt you, it's the things you think you know that ain't so." - Mark Twain

Comment

• David D
                Forum Newbie
                • Dec 2009
                • Richmond, VA

Would love to hear how it works out for you. I'm still working out how I'm going to mount one on my BT3000. My idea is to mimic the Incra TS-LS system utilizing the stock BT3000 rails. I have an idea on how I'll do it, but am working on the details still.

Comment

Working...