X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inkslinger
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2014

Ryobi BT3000

It's been a while since I last posted here but need a question , I'm going to be cutting some hard wood {cross cut and ripping} so I'm going to replace my old blade for a new one. I came across a Kreg True-FLEX Feather Board
    The Largest USA Based Sales & Support for Top Brands such as DeWALT, Milwaukee, DuroMax, Bosch and More. All in Stock and Ready to Ship with Free Shipping!

from Lowe's suppose to be able to use on any table saw.
    Wounder if any one use one and how should I use this where would I put this at on a Ryobi BT3000 table ?
    Last edited by inkslinger; 04-24-2015, 03:56 PM.
  • inkslinger
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2014

Ryobi BT3000 Series Miter Slot Add-ons
    are these still around?

Comment

• PartTimeHack
      Forum Newbie
      • Mar 2015
      • TN
      • Ryobi BT3000

You mean the kind found in this kit?

Comment

• inkslinger
        Forum Newbie
        • Feb 2014

Was hoping to get 2 one for each side, and didn't know if the router kit be any good set up . What kind of router would work with that setup beside a ryobi router? The bag,clamp and the wheels I can use.

Comment

• mpc
          • Feb 2005
          • Cypress, CA, USA.
          • BT3000 orig 13amp model

The router mounting plates in the kit are aluminum so it's easy to drill them to match other routers. By default, they work with most, if not all, Ryobi routers and the Craftsman routers that were built by Ryobi.

The two router fence segments in the kit are almost useless. Save the metal hardware for other jigs. Make your own - much longer - router fence to attach to the BT3 saw fence. There are several examples on this site. You'll probably find the BT3 accessory table is rather small for a router table... it works okay as a starter table or second table but most folks outgrow it. A dedicated router table, or making one to fit between add-on BT3 rails (see "wide table kit") is far more versatile. Again, lots of example pics on this site.

You can make your own featherboards to attach to the BT3's sliding miter table (SMT). Lock the SMT using the small metal tab at the front edge of the SMT so it doesn't slide. A long featherboard can then be bolted to the central slot. Or just clamped to the whole SMT assembly. It'd be easy to make a two or three story featherboard if you need a tall one. There are examples of BT3 featherboards in various pics on this site.

Folks have also mounted aftermarket miter slot or miter T-slot kits to a grooved hardwood strip and mounted those to the BT3 fence rails to make their own miter slots. The dual miter slot in the accessory kit is not "T" channeled like you see on newer table saws. fyi.

mpc

Comment

Working...