Think I finally got the dragging fixed...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Think I finally got the dragging fixed...

Okay so I replaced the switch (saw came with a spare) double and triple checked the wiring, double and triple checked alignments, and of course, put new brushes and springs in, and every now and again the saw would just drag to a complete halt in just about any cut. It wasn't infrequent. so rechecking everything I find the socket in the side of the saw wasn't making great contact. I ordered one up from Ereplacement parts, and after a 2 week + wait, the unit comes in. I go to install it, and it is almost 100% right.

A couple of oddities that are annoying, but not deal breakers.

#1. The clips that hold it to he box are metal, not plastic like OE. Not a big deal, but they are odd.
    #2. One of the 2 ground leads (why did they design it with two?) coming of the thing is too short to reach the grounding stud. I had to clip the lead off the original one and solder / splice it together to make it work.

The clip issue initially caused a problem. The new socket is TIGHT on the cable, so when I first unplugged, it came partially out. Push in until it clicked again, and that seems to be no longer a problem.

Now that the saw is up and running again, time to try it out.

3/4 aracuo ply no problem.
    Ripping 6' SYP 2x4 no problem.
    Crosscutting 8/4 walnut no problem...

All in all, it seems to be a perfectly happy saw now...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
Working...