X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • micgre01
    Handtools only
    • Jun 2012

newbie with bt3000 saw

Hello everyone, thanks for all the great info from just reading and searching around on the forums here. I am a diyer remodeling my home and finishing my basement eventually.

I bought my first table saw, a bt3000 saw off craigslist for $40 ( couldnt pass the deal up), motor works great but does have the shim problem, is there a good online store to buy parts for these saws. Thanks in advance.

Michael
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

WELCOME Michael! GREAT buy even if it was for parts only! Where to get shims? I will let someone else answer that.

I'm not sure where to buy parts. I bought quite a bit of extra parts about 8 to 10 years ago and so far haven't needed most of them. Problem is, if I needed them, I am not sure if I could find them now.
    Last edited by leehljp; 06-20-2012, 07:51 PM.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• greenacres2
      • Dec 2011
      • La Porte, IN
      • Ryobi BT3000

Welcome aboard Michael.

ereplacementparts.com shows them in stock at $4.06 each:
      Fix your BT3000 10" Table Saw today! We offer OEM parts, detailed model diagrams, symptom-based repair help, and video tutorials to make repairs easy.

Ryobitools.com shows them as out of stock. The Ryobi site also has the owners manual available to print. ereplacementparts may have it also.

Heck, at $40 you could get close to that in scrap value--so not much to lose. Good luck!!

earl

Comment

• JimD
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2003
        • Lexington, SC.

I've also purchased parts from Sears. They still sell a saw that has many parts the same as our BT3X saws.

Jim

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

M&D Mower sells plenty of Ryobi tools parts... Their shipping costs are a bit high, but if you have several items you want, bundle them together into one order and go for it.
          Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• micgre01
            Handtools only
            • Jun 2012

thanks everyone for the help, Im currently taking my saw apart when I have the extra time, and hopefully will get it back together soon.

I am trying to get the gears/shafts for elevation out, but am having trouble, any advice.

Comment

• toolguy1000
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2009
              • westchester cnty, ny

send an email/PM to this poster here:

he has an extensive FAQ document that will probably cover whatever you are having a problem with.
              there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• JimD
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2003
                • Lexington, SC.

I have a BT3100 but I've never had to remove the gears or lift mechanism. I'm not sure what you are fixing but I don't think you have to remove this to fix shims. Mine have never needed more than lubrication (I use candle wax).

Jim

Comment

• toolguy1000
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2009
                  • westchester cnty, ny

Originally posted by JimD
                  .... (I use candle wax)........

Jim
                  anyone else try this? sounds like a good idea unless soemone has tried it with less than desireable results.
                  there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• leehljp
                    Just me
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Tunica, MS
                    • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by toolguy1000
                    anyone else try this? sounds like a good idea unless soemone has tried it with less than desireable results.
                    This has been one of the main lubes of users here and the old Ryobi forum going back to 2000/2001
                    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• LCHIEN
                      Internet Fact Checker
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Katy, TX, USA.
                      • BT3000 vintage 1999

candle wax is a good lube, but I usually use paste wax (Johnson's, Butchers) - It's easier to apply and spread. And it has plenty of uses around the wood shop to make it worth having.

I use wax on the ways of the blade elevation locker bracket and shims. For the vertical screw I use wax or dry film spray lube (non silicone).
                      Loring in Katy, TX USA
                      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• cabinetman
                        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
                        • Jun 2006
                        • So. Florida
                        • Delta

Great price on the saw. Members here can help with just about anything with that saw.

Comment

• pelligrini
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 2007
                          • Fort Worth, TX
                          • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by toolguy1000
                          anyone else try this? sounds like a good idea unless someone has tried it with less than desireable results.
                          I use paste wax. I ended up with a can of minwax since I didn't know to look in the cleaning products section of HD for Johnson's. They work the same. I've used a lot of different products on the saw lifting portion, but the wax seems to give me the best and longest lasting results.

Wax is good for the tops too, keeps things slick and protects the wood from excessive gray marks from the bare aluminum. I use it on everyting, jointer tables, planer, vice screws, clamp bars (helps the glue from sticking), etc.
                          Erik

Comment

Working...