X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • edmiller999
    Handtools only
    • Apr 2012

New BT3100 owner here

I found a saw on craigslist earlier this spring and was able to pick it up. I have a couple of projects in mind for this summer but i think i need to make some enhancements to my setup first. My space is extremely limited, my saw lives in front of where i park my car in the garage. There is only a couple of inches to spare between my bumper and the legs of the saw stand. I was thinking of some sort of cabinet with a folding out feed table on the back. I want to be able to cut full sheets of plywood. Also I was hoping to find help with building extra support tables for sitting on the rails. Thanks in advance for the advice!
  • Black wallnut
    cycling to health
    • Jan 2003
    • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
    • BT3k 1999

Welcome! For a good start you might browse your way to our old articles section: http://www.bt3central.com/index.php?page=articles

Many will give you the advice that there are safer ways to cut down plywood panels without your table saw.
    Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• bigstick509
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2004
      • Macomb, MI, USA.
      • BT3100

Here is what I did concerning a out feed table.

Mike

"It's not the things you don't know that will hurt you, it's the things you think you know that ain't so." - Mark Twain

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

you can cut large panels on a BT3000 or other table saw... but it helps a LOT if you have an infeed table, an outfeed table, wide table and perhaps a helper.

ITs the old moving wood or moving saw issue. If the wood is unweildy then a good clamp on guide and a circular saw may be a better solution for breaking down a 4x8 panel, esp. if its 1/2 or 3/4" thick.

Once you get below 4x4 or 4x3 then one person can handle it easily on a table saw.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• conscience
          Forum Newbie
          • May 2011
          • Atlanta, GA
          • BT 3000

Sheet goods can be cut on the BT but it isn't always easy and if you don't have much experience it is that much harder. A good straight edge and a circular saw combined with a pair of sawhorses and a some sacrificial 2x4s or plywood or rigid foam board make it a lot easier.

You can cut a little large and then trim to final size on the table saw. Even if you add an infeed table, you still are still limited by the length of the fence. It doesn't give you that much room to align the end of the plywood when you are 8 feet away on the opposite corner of the plywood trying to get it tight to the fence and push it forward at the same time.

Comment

Working...