This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonG

Handwheel again - options anyone?

Like a lot of people, I cracked the base of the handwheel on my BT3100, rendering it useless. I know I can get a plastic replacement, but would much rather get a metal one. I know this has been asked before, but I am hoping that maybe someone has come across some new info. Has anyone found a metal replacement option?
  • chopnhack
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • Florida
    • Ryobi BT3100

I think its high time someone fessed up to being a metal worker and cast one
    I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• jabe
      • Apr 2006
      • Hilo, Hawaii
      • Ryobi BT3000 & Delta Milwaukee 10" tilting Table circular saw

My old BT3000 has a metal handwheel, don't know if it'll fit a 3100. Does anyone know if it'll fit a 3100? If it does fit, buy a repacement using the BT3000 part#.

Comment

• JonG

The info I have so far is that the metal handwheel for the BT3000 is no longer available.

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

The early BT3000 had a cast metal handwheel. I have one that is missing the knob on my BT3000 restoration project (that is WAY behind schedule!).

The BT3100 handwheel can have the voids in the back side, except of course where the shaft goes through etc... filled with epoxy and BBs or buckshot to reinforce it, and give it additional heft. I've not done this to mine yet, but read about it here I believe...

I am waiting to need a new handwheel to do this to mine. My handwheel has some cosmetic damage...
          Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2005
            • Independence, MO, USA.
            • bt3100

If I remember correctly, there was another part, needed. An insert for the hand wheel to connect to the shaft. If that were available, I would think a common hand wheel from MCMaster Carr, MSC, etc. could be used.
            She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• JonG

I have read that the adapter is no longer available as well. Still hoping for a better option... Looks like I might have to buy the plastic one and try to reinforce it before installation.

Comment

Working...