• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chopnhack
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • Florida
    • Ryobi BT3100

++++ on the excellent service from Wayne, thanks again!!

Include your Name, address, phone number and serial number and after a few days, switch is at your doorstep!

Armini - take pictures before you disassemble next time ;-) Can't tell you how many times this has saved me, even if it is a crappy cell camera pic!

Last edited by chopnhack; 10-08-2013, 01:06 PM.
    I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• Armini
      Established Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

Thanks chopnhack - the embarrassing irony is that I went to get my cell phone for that exact reason, got distracted, came back and could not remember which wire had been where..

Comment

• chopnhack
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2006
        • Florida
        • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by Armini
        Thanks chopnhack - the embarrassing irony is that I went to get my cell phone for that exact reason, got distracted, came back and could not remember which wire had been where..
        LOL, no worries we all do it! I almost did it on a heat pump... you ever see how many wires are in those things!
        I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• rcplaneguy
          Forum Newbie
          • Nov 2012

I hope this offer is still good, my switch decided to fail, sticking in the "on" position. It is disconcerting not being able to stop the saw!

Comment

• ccoach
            Handtools only
            • Sep 2012

Wayne Hill for Customer Service Hall of Fame

Based on my own exceptional experience with Wayne, and seeing that everyone else is apparently as special as I am - i.e., receiving that same outstanding support from Wayne & his crew...

I nominate Wayne for the Hall of Fame!!

Scott
            Yeah, you'll have to pry my 21829 from my cold dead fingers

Comment

• rcplaneguy
              Forum Newbie
              • Nov 2012

I sent an email to Wayne on Saturday and he responded immediately! I received the replacement switch today, Tuesday! Amazing offer and ultra fast service, thanks Wayne!

Comment

• BrianStark
                Forum Newbie
                • Jan 2007
                • San Diego, CA
                • Ryobi BT3100

Excellent service from Wayne Hill!

Like others, my switch was stuck in the "on" position. I found this thread and contacted Wayne, received a prompt reply that a new switch would be sent out and it arrived today. Just installed the new switch and it works perfectly.

Very nice to know that Ryobi/Techtronics Industries North America was able to get this important part out quickly as it does affect the safe operation of the table saw.

Again, I am very impressed with the quick service!

Brian Stark

Comment

• Dfera
                  Handtools only
                  • Nov 2013

Originally posted by chopnhack
                  ++++ on the excellent service from Wayne, thanks again!!

Include your Name, address, phone number and serial number and after a few days, switch is at your doorstep!

Armini - take pictures before you disassemble next time ;-) Can't tell you how many times this has saved me, even if it is a crappy cell camera pic!

Side note, I don't have any white wires connected to my switch, just two black wires.

And yes Wayne is awesome I emailed him yesterday about my switch no longer working and he replied 30min later. I was shocked to see this type of old school customer service. Very pleased!

Thanks
                  Dom

Comment

• Headnut
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Jun 2006
                    • Villa Rica, Ga.
                    • Rockwell & BT3100

Thanks Wayne
                    The switch arrived I installed the saw runs great.
                    Thanks again.
                    William
                    Doing What I Like

Comment

• akfireman
                      Handtools only
                      • Jan 2014

Still great service from Wayne Hill

so, I have had my BT3100 for years but haven't used it a whole lot until recently. I was using it last night and guess what happened, yep, the switch wouldn't shut off. So, after reading this thread I emailed Wayne Hill last night and had a reply this morning. after sending him my mailing address, serial number, and phone number, I got a return email saying it was on the way! what great service, I really expected to have to order one off of Amazon. this definitely makes me rethink the purchase of more Ryobi tools.

Comment

• akfireman
                        Handtools only
                        • Jan 2014

Still great service from Wayne Hill

I was using my saw last night and guess what happened....... yep, it wouldn't shut off. so after looking around the forum, I found this thread. Last night I sent an email to Wayne Hill asking if I could still receive the switch offered. he emailed me this morning requesting my serial number, after sending it to him I got a return email stating that one would be sent right away. well, I figured this offer had expired, and was ready to order one from Amazon, I am pleasantly surprised and very happy with the service I have received, Thank you Wayne Hill.

Comment

• tfischer
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 2003
                          • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
                          • BT3100

My saw is about 10 years old now (BT31x) and although I've done a number of large projects with it, it hasn't gotten consistent heavy use. My switch is still fine.

I've never been happy with the switch design though. It's just in such an out-of-the way location. When I first got the saw around 10 years ago there were numerous posts here about people mounting a fancier switch to the rails, etc. Always wanted to do that but never got it done as of yet.

Comment

• LCHIEN
                            Internet Fact Checker
                            • Dec 2002
                            • Katy, TX, USA.
                            • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by tfischer
                            My saw is about 10 years old now (BT31x) and although I've done a number of large projects with it, it hasn't gotten consistent heavy use. My switch is still fine.

I've never been happy with the switch design though. It's just in such an out-of-the way location. When I first got the saw around 10 years ago there were numerous posts here about people mounting a fancier switch to the rails, etc. Always wanted to do that but never got it done as of yet.
                            never too late to do something like that.
                            Loring in Katy, TX USA
                            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• broschultz
                              Forum Newbie
                              • Oct 2006

Sears model

My switch on the Sears model will not shut the machine down. Is there a similar offer?

Comment

• LCHIEN
                                Internet Fact Checker
                                • Dec 2002
                                • Katy, TX, USA.
                                • BT3000 vintage 1999

there were several sears models, at least three I can recall, that were basically based on the BT3 saws, but all at different times in the life cycle. Only specific models of the BT3 had switch stuck-on issues. I don't recall any Sears models being associates with that problem. But, call or e-mail Wayne and he can probably tell you.
                                Loring in Katy, TX USA
                                If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                                BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...