• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pber2025
    Forum Newbie
    • Jul 2006

Router throat plate?

Hello everyone

This is my first post. I've been the proud owner of a BT3100 for more then a year now. I choosed the saw because of it's small foot print and I love it.

Yesterday I purchased a Router, a Porter-Cable 694VK. I want to install the fix base on the table saw to use it as a rounting table. I know this subject has been covered before (I read the FAQ), but one thing I could not figure out is, if you don't have the accessory kit what do you use for throat plate for the router?

I can't get the accessory kit here in Canada, at least at the Homedepot I went they were clueless about it.
  • Popeye
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2003
    • Woodbine, Ga
    • Grizzly 1023SL

I made a handfull using a circle cutter and a straight router bit. Or you can PM me and I'll send you a handfull. Pat
    Woodworking is therapy.....some of us need more therapy than others. <ZERO>

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by pber2025
      Hello everyone

This is my first post. I've been the proud owner of a BT3100 for more then a year now. I choosed the saw because of it's small foot print and I love it.

Yesterday I purchased a Router, a Porter-Cable 694VK. I want to install the fix base on the table saw to use it as a rounting table. I know this subject has been covered before (I read the FAQ), but one thing I could not figure out is, if you don't have the accessory kit what do you use for throat plate for the router?

I can't get the accessory kit here in Canada, at least at the Homedepot I went they were clueless about it.
      I believe in the FAQ the Ryobi part number for the set of red plastic snap-in router throat plates was given. Then with that in hand you can order from Ryobi spare parts suppliers like M&D mower, also listed in the FAQ.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• pber2025
        Forum Newbie
        • Jul 2006

I'm in Canada and usually they will refer you to the Canadian distributor who is clueless about the BT3100....

Comment

• JimD
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2003
          • Lexington, SC.

I would not worry about the lack of a throat plate. I have some for my router table (made by me like the table) but I almost never use one. I need it when using a special bit that makes interlocking joints for little boxes or drawers but virtually for nothing else. My opening is over 3 1/2 inches for big panel raising bits - much bigger than the opening on the accessory table.

I would set up the router - I have two PC690s with four bases and I like them very much - and start doing stuff before deciding you have to have a throat plate. You may decide you do not need one. You can certainly do a lot of things without it.

Jim

Comment

Working...