Clear All
  • UPS1990
    Forum Newbie
    • May 2017
    • Southern Cal
    • BT 3100

Grizzly 14 bandsaw closeout

http://www.grizzly.com/products/14-B...ce=grizzly.com
    I would jump on this BS at this price but will most likely will buy the ultimate 14 BS solely because of the quick release feature. I've got a no brand Taiwanese 1985 model that is a PITA to get working halfway decent and who enjoys turning that blade tension knob?
    Someone on here on once wrote that if you start off with a piece of crap BS you'll fully understand many off the working components and elements of what makes a BS work and perform to make accurate cuts and when the time comes to finally make your first upgrade($) you'll be more than ready to handle whatever a new BS throws your way. I think I'm there!!!
    Last edited by UPS1990; 08-18-2017, 09:51 AM.
  • UPS1990
    Forum Newbie
    • May 2017
    • Southern Cal
    • BT 3100

Sorry, just realised that this post should be on "Bargain alerts"

Comment

• cphelps

cphelps
      commented
      Editing a comment
      The topic has been moved
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

WOW!, That is a great price. I think I bought the 1 HP at $425 plus shipping (about $80) 5 years ago.

Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• JoeyGee
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2005
      • Sylvania, OH, USA.
      • BT3100-1

That is a good price, I considered that one before I saw the Craftsman on clearance for $350 a month or so ago. I would rather have a Grizzly, but this was cheaper and has a 1HP motor.

Now, the Craftsman is no longer on clearance, the last time I checked, so this probably is the best current deal on band saws.
      Joe

Comment

• tfischer
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2003
        • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
        • BT3100

The quick release is a really nice feature. There was a thread here maybe 10 or 12 years ago about a bunch of us who used Grizzly parts to modify a Harbor Freight saw to have the quick release. I did this mod and it was one of the best mods I've ever done to any tool.

Comment

Working...