• Show
Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Ryobi 40V Cordless tools at $99

Home Depot has some of its Ryobi 40V outdoor tools on sale WITH battery and charger for $99.00 over the weekend and through the 4th.

I must have deleted the email but you can find these tools on HD for $99.
    Cordless:
    110 mph/480 CFM leaf blower
    hedge clippers
    Weed Eater

While I several like several of the 18V lithium powered cordless hand tools, the 18v weed eater my daughter has - just does not have power. I looked at the 40V before, but they were far too expensive. I arrived at my daughter's home in Missouri yesterday (Friday) and I noticed that her hedges were way too tall. This morning I got an email from HD/Ryobi with the 40V on sale with battery and charger for $99. We went to HD this morning and purchased one. It works just about as well as my Husqvarna gas hedge trimmer, only I don't have to fool with starting it once every year. I might clean the Husqvarna and put it up for sale. LOML won't let me travel with a gas powered tool in the trunk, and this 40V hedge trimmer eliminate that need and the need for a corded hedge trimmer.

I have always thought that the Ryobi batteries were too expensive, but in this case you can get the tool plus 40V battery and charger.

Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
  • dangre
    Norum Fewbie
    • Oct 2009
    • Gardnerville, NV
    • BT3100-1

The online ad is here: Sale. I saw that yesterday and grabbed the weed eater and blower. Went back today and got the brush cutter head, as the trimmer is the Expand-It type. Noticed they had the 9" lawn edger attachment head on clearance for $38, so I snagged that also. Looks like the newer one is 8". Great deals.
    Dan

In a recent survey, 4 out of 5 hammers preferred thumbs.

Comment

• JimD
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2003
      • Lexington, SC.

I think the 40V makes sense for the most powerful tools, like the lawn mower. But I find my weedeater and hedge trimmer work well on 18V, especially since I got a couple P108 batteries. They would work on the little ones but I went through them quickly and now that I am down to 2 small ones, I could deplete the quicker than they would charge. With the big P108s, one will just about do all the weedwhacking and I still have the other if the bushes need trimmed (more like if I decide to do it).

But I suspect the 40V would work if anything better.

Comment

• JoeyGee
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2005
        • Sylvania, OH, USA.
        • BT3100-1

For my suburban lot, my 18v Ryobi trimmer works ok. Not fantastic, but does what I need it to. Now, my 18v blower is underpowered and I could see the 40v being good to have. I don't want another charger add battery set to worry about, though LOL.
        Joe

Comment

• gerti
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2003
          • Minnetonka, MN, USA.
          • BT3100 "Frankensaw"

From what I hear the (newer) 18V brushless actually outperforms the 40V trimmers and is lighter.

I can attest though that the 40V blower (the one with the big chimney like front) works really well (at least my older model). The snow blower is OK, the lawn mower passable.

Comment

• leehljp
            Just me
            • Dec 2002
            • Tunica, MS
            • BT3000/3100

Gerti,
            I have been thinking about the 40V blower to clean out my gutters and clean off my driveway. I have a gas blower but I don't like the cranking while on the roof. The roof is at just the angle that I can stand OK except when I am yanking on a starter cord. LOML has asked for a cordless driveway blower that she can operate, but I haven't gotten around to getting it just yet. I think this is the first time in our 48 years of marriage that I haven't jumped at the first chance to get a new tool when she suggested it. 6 weeks to our 48th anniversary; maybe that would be a good present for her . . . or will that be an insult?
            Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• gerti
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2003
              • Minnetonka, MN, USA.
              • BT3100 "Frankensaw"

48... Congratulations Hank!

Comment

Working...