• Show
Clear All
  • poolhound
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • BT3100

10" 60 tooth finish blade only $10

Was in the Borg Saturday and they have their big holiday tool sale displays out and I noticed a 2 pack of their Avanti Pro 60 tooth blades on sale for $19.97. No they are not a Freud blade and you do get what you pay for but at essentially $10 each that is way less than a resharpening. I have some projects that require clean cross cuts so even if they end up dull after that it was worth it. I had one of these before that I bought specifically for a project where I had to cut 4 rooms worth of laminate flooring and they did a good job and saved my good blades.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Avanti-Pr...60PP/203560978.

I have also resold used blades like this at yard sales when they are no longer sharp enough for my quality but still good enough for many.

I hope to give one a try in the next couple of days and will let you know if there are any issues.
    Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
    techzibits.com
  • Bill in Buena Park
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2007
    • Buena Park, CA
    • CM 21829

Thanks Jon - seems like a decent price, might need to pick a set. Appreciate the posting!
    Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• newbie2wood
      Established Member
      • Apr 2004
      • NJ, USA.

$24.97 in NJ. Is there a coupon code?

Comment

• poolhound
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2006
        • Phoenix, AZ
        • BT3100

Originally posted by newbie2wood
        $24.97 in NJ. Is there a coupon code?
        In my store there was a sign that said $24.97 but another that showed reduced to $19.97. It rung up aty the higher price but they reduced it when I told them about the other sign.
        Jon

techzibits.com

Comment

• capncarl
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007
          • Leesburg Georgia USA
          • SawStop CTS

I checked out HD's offerings yesterday. They have a lot of pretty stuff on display! These blades are displayed as $24.95. I went ahead and picked up 1 pkg, knowing that they will be $19.95 Thanksgiving day. I feel like the additional $5 is well spent not having to get involved in the turmoil, and I don't want to make their employees work on Thanksgiving day.

Comment

• poolhound
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2006
            • Phoenix, AZ
            • BT3100

Got distracted as usual. Only tried these out yesterday. They performed pretty well on some old plywood. Did get a little tear out on the edge but I think it's the plywood not the blade. As its setup I will run some better ply through later and compare.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jon

techzibits.com

Comment

• sailor55330
              Established Member
              • Jan 2010

I have used these blades on multiple occasions. They seem to cut fine when they are new, but they do seem to lose the edge fairly quickly. I find them to be more than adequate for shop projects (jigs, shelves, etc). I did use the 60t on a jewelry armoir that used maple plywood. It did fine in the beginning but by the end of the project, I noticed a little increase in tearout.

for $10 a blade, hard to go wrong.

Comment

• newbie2wood
                Established Member
                • Apr 2004
                • NJ, USA.

Looks like the same deals this year at Home Depot for the Advanti blades.

$19.97 10" Advanti Pro (2-Pack)

$34.97 12" Advanti Pro (2-Pack)
                Create fine, smooth cuts in wood with the AvantiPRO 12 in. Fine Finish Saw Blades. They were made of carbide for durability. Use them with 1 in. arbors. Two blades are included.

$5.97 7-1/4" Advanti Pro (2-Pack)

Comment

• Woodshark
                  Established Member
                  • May 2006
                  • Atlanta

I bought a pack just to have. Really hard to go wrong at $10 a blade. I'm using one from last years sale and it is still holding a fairly good edge.
                  sigpic

Comment

• os1kne
                    • Jan 2003
                    • Atlanta, GA
                    • BT3100

I picked up a 2-pack, and for $10/blade they're pretty good. If you happen to be doing a laminate flooring install or something similar these would be great. (I quickly made a decent blade unusable for woodworking after the last time I installed laminate flooring. Now, I'll be spending way more than $10 to get that blade sharpened.)
                    Bill

Comment

Working...