• Show
Clear All
  • kaydee
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2006
    • N. California
    • BT3000

Good deal on Jigs & Fixture parts kit - Lee valley $42.50 FS

Lee valley has a special price [$42.50] on a 149 piece kit (knobs, t-nuts, t-bolts, etc.). Comparable kits elsewhere run close to $70. And free shipping & no tax too. Available in 1/4" and 5/16" size

Each kit contains
    60 T-bolts (20 each of 1" and 1-1/2" sizes, and 10 each of 2-1/2" and 3-1/2" sizes);
    16 T-nuts (4 prong); 16 threaded inserts;
    10 round insert knobs (1");
    6 each of 2" T-insert knobs,
    four-arm insert knobs and four-arm bolt knobs;
    4 each of five-arm insert knobs and five-arm bolt knobs;
    20 washers.

Shop Hardware Collection on Lee Valley. Browse our extensive selection of functional, decorative fittings to help you find the right finishing touches for any project.
  • Wildwillis
    Forum Newbie
    • Nov 2013
    • Syracuse, NY
    • Craftsman 21829

Thanks for posting! I'm going to order a kit. Trying to decide on which size so maybe someone can help...

I presume the 1/4" t-bolts should fit a standard t-track and the 5/16" won't, right? I like the idea of the heavier duty 5/16" size, but the (presumably) additional versatility to use the 1/4" kit with my t-tracks is probably the way to go.

Comment

• atgcpaul
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2003
      • Maryland
      • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by Wildwillis
      Thanks for posting! I'm going to order a kit. Trying to decide on which size so maybe someone can help...

I presume the 1/4" t-bolts should fit a standard t-track and the 5/16" won't, right? I like the idea of the heavier duty 5/16" size, but the (presumably) additional versatility to use the 1/4" kit with my t-tracks is probably the way to go.
      If 1/4" is what you've already got then you should go that route. I have a bunch of 5/16" knobs and bolts from Rockler, but am now in a conundrum. I only need a $14 scraper plane blade from LV, but have to add another $26 to qualify for free shipping. I'd like this kit but then I overshoot by $16. I am actually struggling to find another $26 worth of stuff. I can't possibly have every woodworking thing I need, though!

Comment

• Wildwillis
        Forum Newbie
        • Nov 2013
        • Syracuse, NY
        • Craftsman 21829

Thanks for the reply. I should clarify my question. Does anyone know if a 5/16 t-bolt fits a 'standard' t-track like Incra's? I know 1/4" t-bolts and hex bolts fit and 5/16" hex bolts don't (but will with a little grinding I believe).

Not sure if the 'head' on these 5/16" t-bolts is narrower than that of a 5/16" hex bolt to allow or to fit in a t-track.

Comment

• capncarl
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007
          • Leesburg Georgia USA
          • SawStop CTS

I use both 1/4 and 5/16 knobs and fittings. You can not have too many knobs and fittings. This is a pretty good kit, but seems to have a lot of t bolts and t nuts and washers.

Comment

• Wildwillis
            Forum Newbie
            • Nov 2013
            • Syracuse, NY
            • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by capncarl
            I use both 1/4 and 5/16 knobs and fittings. You can not have too many knobs and fittings. This is a pretty good kit, but seems to have a lot of t bolts and t nuts and washers.
            Thanks! Are you saying that the 5/16 bolts fit most t-tracks as well?

Comment

• capncarl
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2007
              • Leesburg Georgia USA
              • SawStop CTS

I have 1 t track that 5/16 will not fit. I believe it is considered a "micro" series slot that came in one of the slot kits from Rockler. Totally useless track for me. I understand that any 3/4" wide track handles both sizes.

Comment

• Wildwillis
                Forum Newbie
                • Nov 2013
                • Syracuse, NY
                • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by capncarl
                I have 1 t track that 5/16 will not fit. I believe it is considered a "micro" series slot that came in one of the slot kits from Rockler. Totally useless track for me. I understand that any 3/4" wide track handles both sizes.
                Thanks again! Still having trouble determining if they'll fit in the Incra tracks...

Comment

• cwsmith
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2005
                  • NY Southern Tier, USA.
                  • BT3100-1

I have a 5/16th kit and it fits my standard T-track perfectly!

It's been awhile, but I am thinking that both my T-track and the 149-pc kit came from Rockler. I can't imagine any T-track kit being sold that should not fit the so-called "universal" T-track.

Whatever the "universal" is, I really don't know. But it looks like the catalog offering from Lee-Valley. While Lee-Valley is my favorite place to buy most everything pertaining to woodworking, I have only purchased T-track from Rockler. It is the same track that they use on their router and drill press tables. I don't have any other accessories, tables, or tools that has T-track except for my BT31001, and that is completely different.

I like the heavier 5/16-18 thread, and have used the parts for a few jigs that I have made; but am considering ordering the 1/4-20 set for lighter-duty use, should any come up.

I hope this helps,

CWS
                  Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• LCHIEN
                    Internet Fact Checker
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Katy, TX, USA.
                    • BT3000 vintage 1999

1/4" hex heads are 7/16" across, 5/16 I think are 1/2" across. You should be able to check your track to see if these will fit.

I use 1/4" in all my T-tracks. I also use 99% 1/4-20" hardware for all my jigs and fixtures, makes life easier.
                    Loring in Katy, TX USA
                    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Wildwillis
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Nov 2013
                      • Syracuse, NY
                      • Craftsman 21829

Thanks for the replies! I may just have to find out because I'd like to try out the 5/16" hardware. I looked at everything I could find via Google and did find a discussion where someone said that the Lee Valley 5/16 t-bolts fit in Rockler's tracks. Nothing specific to them with the Incras but certainly enough info on differences between different manufacturer's tracks to cast some doubt. I know that 5/16 hex bolts won't fit without a little grinding but I'm not sure if these t-bolts are the same width. Worst case I have to grind them down a little I suppose.

I have a handful of Incra tracks already but next time I need one perhaps I'll try out Rockler's. Unfortunately the closest store is 2.5 hrs so I can't just drop in. Thanks again for the replies!

Comment

• cwsmith
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2005
                        • NY Southern Tier, USA.
                        • BT3100-1

Here's a quick sketch with some dimensions of one of my 5/16" T-bolts that were part of the kit. Hopefully this will answer any questions about "fit".

The "universal" T-track is also shown in cross-section. That dimension is 3/4" wide by 1/2" high, outside dimensions. Rockler sells these as a "17-pc T-track kit".

Click image for larger version

Name:	T-track.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	787717

I hope this helps,

CWS
                        Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• Wildwillis
                          Forum Newbie
                          • Nov 2013
                          • Syracuse, NY
                          • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by cwsmith
                          Here's a quick sketch with some dimensions of one of my 5/16" T-bolts that were part of the kit. Hopefully this will answer any questions about "fit".

The "universal" T-track is also shown in cross-section. That dimension is 3/4" wide by 1/2" high, outside dimensions. Rockler sells these as a "17-pc T-track kit".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22801[/ATTACH]

I hope this helps,

CWS
                          Thanks so much! That helps a lot!!! I really appreciate you taking the time to do that!

I just saw this after getting off the phone with Lee Valley. Customer service was great. The lady told me that the base of their 5/16" t-bolts is 1/2" and the length is 13/16". Lines right up with your measurements.

I'll put the calipers to my Incra track when I get home this evening (or maybe just try to look it up in the meantime). Thanks again!

Comment

• Wildwillis
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Nov 2013
                            • Syracuse, NY
                            • Craftsman 21829

Right after I wrote the post above I realized that I can answer my question because the 1/2" width on those 5/16 t-bolts is the same as the wrench size for a 5/16 hex bolt. You need to grind a little bit off of those to make them fit the Incra track so I'd need to do the same with these t-bolts...that's what I suspected from the start I guess.

After all that, I think I'll get them anyway. I guess my grinder will get a bit of a workout with all those bolts, but I'd like the tighter fit in the t-slots.

Comment

• capncarl
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jan 2007
                              • Leesburg Georgia USA
                              • SawStop CTS

A lot of the t nuts they sell are nothing more than toilet flange bolts that are sold in every hardware and big box store plumbing dept. For much less cost. They do not have the wrench head that you will have talk about grinding down. They are usually 2" so you shorten them to your desired dimension.

Comment

Working...