X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rooster
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2006

Craftsman Pro band saw fence and drill press table

I was in Sears today and picked up the Craftsman Professional band saw fence for $15, originally went for $45. The guy at the store said it was probably on clearance since it wasn't coming up in the system. Seems OK but has some deflection in the fence.

Click image for larger version

Name:	band saw fence.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	797981

The also had the Craftsman Professional Universal Drill Press Work Center for $50 originally $119. I didn't buy it so I can't say if its any good but I think its on clearance as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	drill press table.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	797982
  • JSUPreston
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • Montgomery, AL.
    • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

I bought that fence years ago when I had a C'man 9" band saw. Never could get it to stay on the saw. Just recently, I realized that I could replace the vertical portion of the fence on my 12" C'Man/Rikon bandsaw with the vertical portion from that kit. So far, it looks like it will work, and it gives me that resaw pivot point that the original fence didn't have.
    "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

I have that fence, for about 4 years now. I had to make some thin shims to fit it to my table. Yes I can make the fence deflect, I can also make a Biesemeyer fence deflect. Just don't lean into it and you are fine...

It's an adequate fence. Not great, but not regrettable. I have mine mounted such that I barely clear the miter slot with it, which is why I have had to shim it. I could have blocked the miter slot, marked and drilled the rail so that I could bolt it directly to my table, but I didn't want it installed in that fashion...

In the years that I have had mine, I have had the clamps that hold it to the table slip once, and that was about a month after I installed it...

Very little adjustment, but for what I need a band saw fence for, it's perfect. I attach a tall face to it for resawing, works great...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• vaking
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2005
        • Montclair, NJ, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3100-1

I have that drill press table and it works OK. Dust collection thru the bottom of a drill press is useless for drillng but works for sanding if you use sanding drums on a drill press. For $120 it's ridiculous, for $50 its a maybe.
        Alex V

Comment

Working...