• Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Hurricane Harvey

I think the gulf coast must have been jealous of all the attention the eclipse got, this appears to be one of those "Hold my beer and watch this" moments...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Yeah, we're going to get a lot of rain in the next few days. It's a slow moving storm which will linger picking up moisture from the gulf and them linger over land dropping all that moisture.

In the Texas Gulf Coast we get it twice. Once when it goes overhead and this one is expected to drop 10-20 inches in some places.
    Then it moves inland and deluges the land miles in. But then two-three days later the flood water come roaring down the rivers, streams, creeks (and Bayous in TX) and it overflows the banks and floods again.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Pappy
      The Full Monte
      • Dec 2002
      • San Marcos, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 (x2)

I have a lot of brush, limbs, and scrap stacked up to burn but we have been under a burn ban since early July. My bet is it will be lifted soon!
      Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
      Fools because they have to say something.
      Plato

Comment

• leehljp
        Just me
        • Dec 2002
        • Tunica, MS
        • BT3000/3100

Praying for you fellows (and your families) in the south Texas area. 50" of rain. We had a huge flood with just 14" in two days a year an a half ago. Keep us posted when you can!
        Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• capncarl
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007
          • Leesburg Georgia USA
          • SawStop CTS

I can't imagine 50 inches of rain. In 94 hurricane David went over us and stalled out about 75 miles north and dropped 24 inches in 12 hours. That washed out every farm pond dam, most every bridge on dirt roads, washed out the 2 Georgia Power dams on the Flint river and washed about half of Albany away. 35 ft above flood level, even washed away 2 cemetery's. it took it a month for the rivers to get back down to normal. I'd advise anyone in this floods path to leave while the roads are still open.

Comment

Working...