• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Sears and misleading headlines

Todays' internet news had a big headline that said Sears to sell Kenmore brand on Amazon

Well, they just sold the Craftsman brand to Black and Decker so I figured they're selling the kenmore brand name too. My first image was "eBay" and I said wow, that's an unusual way to auction off intellectual property.
    But then I realized it said Amazon so I was confused.

Reading on they are going to market appliances by listing them on Amazon, not selling the brand name.
    A better headline would have been "Sears to sell Kenmore Appliances on Amazon". Sheesh.

Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by LCHIEN
    Todays' internet news had a big headline that said Sears to sell Kenmore brand on Amazon
    I didn't interpret it the same way as you did.

However, the WSJ might have intentionally worded it the way they did to get people to click and read the article--clickbait.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

But then I saw this great one:
      Elon Musk's Boring Company gets verbal approval for a Hyperloop from New York to DC
      Last edited by LCHIEN; 07-20-2017, 02:36 PM.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• tfischer
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2003
        • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
        • BT3100

With all the assets Sears has been divesting lately I can see how you read it the way you did, but I don't think it was otherwise misleading.

Comment

Working...