X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • accolay
    Forum Newbie
    • Mar 2015

BT3000 Tale of Woe

Had to share my tale of woe. I had my BT3000 at a job site and the thieves broke into the garage and stole the important parts of the saw.

They were obviously idiots, since you could see on the concrete where they dragged the machine about ten feet in an apparent attempt to steel the whole saw instead of using the whees. But since it was too hard to drag they took the router and accessory table top with it. (I usually take all my tools with me but forgot the router) They also took the rip fence. Now, taking that without the rest of the saw means they just meant to spite me. Will probably end up purchasing on ebay for the parts when/if I can find them.

Just kinda depressing. But I'll soldier on remembering that Karma's a *****.
  • Carlos
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

They were probably just too stupid to realize that those parts have mostly no value to a thief. The pawn shop guy is going to say, "Um, no thanks."

Comment

• UPS1990
      Forum Newbie
      • May 2017
      • Southern Cal
      • BT 3100

That's messed up!
      Ive got an extra fence you can have but it doesn't have the handle or any of the mechanism.

Comment

• atgcpaul
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2003
        • Maryland
        • Grizzly 1023SLX

Man, sorry to hear that happened. That sucks. Hope it doesn't take too long to get back in action.

Comment

• accolay
          Forum Newbie
          • Mar 2015

Thanks for the consolation guys. Probably going to pick up another BT3000 from Craigslist tomorrow....interesting how much some people want for these even though they didn't keep them up.

Comment

• The Redneck Woddworker
            Handtools only
            • Jun 2017
            • Oakland Hills, CA
            • Ryobi Bt3000

First, I had to create and account and quickly just came up with something--of course I had a typo...
            Second., I recently purchased a BT3000 for $60 stripped down (just the base and sliding tables) and in horrible condition. I stripped it down and cleaned it up the best possible. I also replaced the on/off switch even though the older one is still working. I also put on a new Dewalt blade.

I had to purchase a rip fence which cost an additional $88 shipped to me from Epartswarehouse. I still don't have the miter fence. there is one fro sale on Craigslist for $50.

I will consider offers on the table saw to recoup my cost. However, I'm in Oakland, CA and shipping might cost prohibitive. My email is RBDacus2@gmail.com. I tried to post a pic but the file size is too large.

Comment

• The Redneck Woddworker
              Handtools only
              • Jun 2017
              • Oakland Hills, CA
              • Ryobi Bt3000

Did you find a replacement saw? If not, I have a BT3000 that I have refurbished....RBDacus2@gmail.com

Comment

• The Redneck Woddworker
                Handtools only
                • Jun 2017
                • Oakland Hills, CA
                • Ryobi Bt3000

Also, does anyone have the miter fence they want to sell or donate
                Please send me an e-mail. RBDacus2@gmail.com

Comment

Working...