X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jussi
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007

After alot of shopping around I finally came home with this beast this weekend. Toyota Tundra SR5 5.7L double cab 38 gallon tank with rear view camera blind spot monitoring and rear and front sonar. In the end I went with Toyota because of their track record for resale value and reliability which were top on my list. Overall I'm very happy. It took me a while to find the options that I want without having to buy a more expensive package that have features that aren't important to me. The only big downside of the truck is it's a gas hog. Don't remember the exact number but I think it was 13 and 19. But since it's not my daily driver it shouldn't be too bad.

Now if only I can stop these dealers from calling me

I'll be looking to replace the drop in bed liner with a spray on in the near future. Anyone have any experience with either rhino or line-x?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jussi; 05-31-2017, 12:43 PM.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• capncarl
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Leesburg Georgia USA
      • SawStop CTS

I've had both rhino,and line-x. My current f150 has line-x. I'm very disappointed with it. It was installed when truck was new and aften 4 years one of my buddies slid an engine block in the back and the bed liner went flying everywhere. It was coming up in playing card size pieces. That installer was already out of business and line-x was no help. I found a body shop that installs a simular product and the cost of them cleaning the old liner out was more than tthe cost of the new install. They said it looks like it was installed too cool ( this type was sprayed on as a melted plastic ). Whatever you decide to get, make sure it's got a warranty you are happy with, and use an installer that may be around for a while.

Comment

• twistsol
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
        • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

I've had both Line-X and and Rhino and no problems with either other than the Rhino installer filling in all the drain holes in the bed in my 2006 Sierra. I drilled them out again and the problem was solved. There is a tear in the metal of the bed of my daughter's truck where a leaf spring mount rusted through and the spring came up through the bed. The line-X liner is still solidly attached all the way around the tear that happened 5 years ago. The liner was installed in 2001 when that truck was new.
        Chr's

Comment

• jussi
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007

Thanks guys. I will check out the line-x shop in my area this weekend. Did you guys get the regular or premium versions?
          I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

Working...