Do you still use a PC with a CD/DVD drive?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tfischer
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2003
    • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
    • BT3100

Thanks for posting these samples. The corrected versions look great!

As an aside, Paint Shop Pro used to be developed locally here (Minneapolis) by a company called Jasc. I'm a software developer myself and at one time considered applying there. After Corel bought them they kept it intact for a time, then shut down the office.

Comment

• cwsmith
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2005
      • NY Southern Tier, USA.
      • BT3100-1

Yes, I had a couple of versions of the Jasc software and I liked them both. Actually, I thought them better better in many respects than using the PhotoPaint software that was part of the CorelDraw suite. Today I have both the Corel Draw suite and the Corel Paint Shop Pro X6. The older Jasc software won't run on Windows 10.

CWS
      Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• d_meister
        Established Member
        • Feb 2009
        • La Conner, WA.
        • BT3000

Originally posted by cwsmith
        Yes, I had a couple of versions of the Jasc software and I liked them both. Actually, I thought them better better in many respects than using the PhotoPaint software that was part of the CorelDraw suite. Today I have both the Corel Draw suite and the Corel Paint Shop Pro X6. The older Jasc software won't run on Windows 10.

CWS
        I have Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7 running nicely on my Win 10 64 bit, no problem. No heroics needed to make it happen. Win 10 installed and Paint Shop Pro was still there, working nicely.

Comment

• Carlos
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2004
          • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

Hah, Paintshop and Corel...some ancient memories there. I was pretty **** good with Corel 20 years ago.

Comment

• atgcpaul
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2003
            • Maryland
            • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by cwsmith

Here are a few examples, note the first number in the image name is the year it was taken and if the last letter is "o", that's the original. There is a mix of exposure and color correction as well as scratch removal and in at least one example some retouch to correct lens flare. I use Corel PhotoPaint as that's the software that I have and therefore am most used to. However, most any bitmap software will work well. The Corel program used to be Paintshop Pro, which was at one time free; Corel bought that company and though sold separately, I believe, the version that I have came as part of the CorelDraw package; student/home version (non-pro use) was around $100, IIRC.

CWS
            Those look great! I was going to ask if you had looked into a slide scanning service but from what I've seen, I think you'd be disappointed with the results.

Comment

• atgcpaul
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2003
              • Maryland
              • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by tfischer
              Thanks for posting these samples. The corrected versions look great!

As an aside, Paint Shop Pro used to be developed locally here (Minneapolis) by a company called Jasc. I'm a software developer myself and at one time considered applying there. After Corel bought them they kept it intact for a time, then shut down the office.
              Wow! PSP! Haven't heard that in a long time. It was my favorite photo editing program back in the day--mostly because it was free.

Comment

Working...