• Show
Clear All
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

Hairy shirt

I got a haircut the other day and it seems the little bits of cut hair that were on my shirt transferred to my other shirts in the wash. Now I'm getting pricked. You guys (with hair) have any tricks to get rid of all the little bits of cut hair?
  • cwsmith
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
    • BT3100-1

You can take the shop vac to your shirts and see if that will help, but other than multiple washings I really don't know of any other solution.

Doesn't your barber use an apron (for lack of a better term) that he puts around you when he cuts? I haven't been to a Barber since 1974, but in all those years when I did, they used a paper 'collar' which the barber would wrap around my neck and then cover me with an 'apron' made for the job. Every barber I ever went to, even as a kid, did that. Then they'd brush you off before removing the apron and collar.

I went to high school in Windsor, NY (Class of 62) and there in Windsor there was only one barbershop, run by "Roy", who was a WWI army vet with a wound on his upper arm that he used to be quite proud of. Assisting him was Johnny Gray, the town cop, who only worked in the shop on Saturday mornings. Used to quip that if he couldn't clip you one way, he'd clip you another. Both were great guys! They actually had a small vacuum they'd use after they brushed you off and then remove the apron and collar.

I stopped going to the barber soon after we moved to Painted Post in 1973. Guy just did a lousy job, to the point where I'd return home and still have to trim too much. Hair was slightly longer back in the 70's where it covered the top of my ears a bit, but still I kept it above the collar. Today I keep it about the same as I've always had; fairly short and 'inspection' passable, So when I cut my hair, I'm bare chested and it's just before my morning shower.

CWS
    Last edited by cwsmith; 04-23-2017, 10:19 AM.
    Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

Working...