Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

www.nationalsalepricesettlement.com

It opened for me, OK.

CWS - Since your local store didn't open until 2011, you didn't get to join in on the REAL discounts. Back in the day, the 20% coupons applied to the TOTAL purchase, not just one item! It sure made some people mad when they stopped THAT sales practice!

The three options:

OPTION A. Customers who have
    itemized Harbor Freight receipts reflecting one or more purchases between April 8, 2011 and December 15, 2016 with a “you saved” amount reflected on their receipts can submit copies of those receipts and elect to receive either 20% in cash, or30% in a Harbor Freight gift card, of the total “you saved” amount listed on their receipts, excluding any amounts reflecting free items or items that were later returned.

OPTION B. Customers who have credit or debit card statements reflecting one or more purchases at Harbor Freight between April 8, 2011 and December 15, 2016 can submit copies of those statements and elect to receive either 10% in cash, or 12% in a Harbor Freight gift card, of the total Harbor Freight purchases on their credit or debit card statement(s), excluding any amounts reflecting items that were later returned.

OPTION C. All other customers who made purchases at Harbor Freight between April 8, 2011 and December 15, 2016 may submit one declaration, signed under penalty of perjury, stating that they purchased an item from Harbor Freight (other than a free or later-returned item) that was advertised with a higher reference price (e.g., “reg. $XXX,” “only $XXX,” or “comp. at $XXX”) adjacent to a lower current offering price, and that they do not have itemized Harbor Freight receipts or credit or debit card statements of their Harbor Freight purchases. Customers submitting this declaration will receive one $10 Harbor Freight gift card.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• capncarl
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Leesburg Georgia USA
      • SawStop CTS

As much as I hate the lawyers, ambulance chasers I call them, for what they do....... their lawsuits DO serve a purpose. They help keep businesses like this in line and make them think about some of the shady tactics they use. I only wish it would serve to put some of the more unscrupulous CEO s and advertisement geniuses in jail.
      I often wonder where the states distric attorney generals are when some of this stuff goes on. Remember Smiling Bob? Selling male enhancement pills that if you ever called for your "free" sample that you had to give your credit card # to get, you were billed forever and couldn't get their draws against your card stopped! It went on for years, I can remember because my kids would see it and ask what it was for. The adds finallly stoped but sprang back up with another name.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Hey, if they can bring suit against HF for exaggerated savings, how about health insurance. The doctors have these exorbitant schedule of costs that no one but people who don't have insurance pay. The doc charges 1200 dollars for the prpcedure, the insurance co says their negotiated rate is 400. And then they tell you they saved you 800 bucks.

Today my wife got some pills that had zero copay and the pharmacy said it saved us 146 dollars.
        Doesn't that sound worse than HF?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• leehljp
          Just me
          • Dec 2002
          • Tunica, MS
          • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by LCHIEN
          Hey, if they can bring suit against HF for exaggerated savings, how about health insurance. The doctors have these exorbitant schedule of costs that no one but people who don't have insurance pay. The doc charges 1200 dollars for the prpcedure, the insurance co says their negotiated rate is 400. And then they tell you they saved you 800 bucks.

Today my wife got some pills that had zero copay and the pharmacy said it saved us 146 dollars.
          Doesn't that sound worse than HF?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
          You got that right.

My daughter, when she was between jobs and LOML and I were still in Japan, we came home for a month. She got the flu and my wife did too. Linda's bill showed something like yours. Our insurance company paid less than $50 (we paid zero). But for my daughter, they said it would be more than $150 to see the doctor and that was 10 years ago.
          Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• cwsmith
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2005
            • NY Southern Tier, USA.
            • BT3100-1

Health care, doctors, insurance the whole mess is so out of whack and apparently it can't be fixed or even explored without political chaos. All I know is that Dad could never get health insurance because my Mom was sick so much. When I first started working for real companies in 1963 very few of them offered any kind of health insurance because such care was really cheap and a typical worker could take care of it without much sacrifice. I remember when our son was born in 1969, the entire bill came to $400 and all we had to pay for was the phone in the room. When I started working at Ingersoll-Rand in 1973, a doctor's visit cost $6 and the company insurance paid $4 of that. The following year the company upped the insurance to pay $6 a visit and the doctor's increased their bill to $8. Last visit to the Docs (three weeks ago for my routine 6-month visit) the charge was over $240. How do any of us fix that? (Between my wife and my last dentist visit, six weeks ago, the bill was over $500... nothing serious either, just cleaning and x-rays.)

So, back the the subject of HF and the lawsuit.... I pulled all of our receipts since my local store opened in the spring of 2011. What a mess! So many of them are faded almost beyond recognition. I'm going through the process of trying to read them and it's a challenge. Right now I'm using the flatbed scanner, which helps to a degree; but it's going to chore to go through the process. It does appear to be a worthwhile venture though.

My wife and I were joking that the HF folks probably thought the suit wasn't worth challenging because they pretty much figured that most people throw their receipts away and those receipts that don't get tossed will fade to the point of uselessness.

CWS
            Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• haloway13
              Forum Newbie
              • Aug 2013

I found the website. I am embarrassed to say that over 5 years I shopped $1,055. I can get a 12% gift card if I produce my CC statements. Too bad I can't just print out a filtered version of my statements. Going to have to redact all the sensitive info somehow... PITA. Maybe worth the $120 though!

Comment

• cwsmith
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2005
                • NY Southern Tier, USA.
                • BT3100-1

Check with your credit card company. The probability that they will do it might me small, but technically it is possible to print our data on a specific company.

CWS

Comment

• LCHIEN
                  Internet Fact Checker
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Katy, TX, USA.
                  • BT3000 vintage 1999

Since Oct 2013 they have been sending me e-mailed receipts when I give them my phone number at checkout.
                  I still have all 26 of them in my 15 GB Google mail account.
                  Thee ones I looked at say "additional savings", not "you saved". Does that count?

I can probably produce the Credit card statements.back to 2011?
                  So 30% gift cars for the "you saved" or perhaps additional savings amounts
                  or 12% gift cards for the total credit card amounts.

Loring in Katy, TX USA
                  If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.

Comment

• tfischer
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 2003
                    • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
                    • BT3100

I wonder if they can be sued for their sensationalized sale names... "Tool Disposal Notice!", "Urgent Liquidation!"... They always come off like they're going out of business.

Comment

• LCHIEN
                      Internet Fact Checker
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Katy, TX, USA.
                      • BT3000 vintage 1999

I have exclusively used DIscover for most every day purchases; they have spend analyzer that goes back to Oct 2013. Sort by vendor name and download to an excel file, easy to compute I spent $899.25 on purchases through 12/16.
                      I checked my online DIscover records, they say they have all PDF and account transactions for 7 years for download IF you signed up for paperless. If you didn't do paperless then you only get two years. Who knew? But they gave me three years in the spend analyzer.

Judging by that If I went to the paper records I might find another 700-800 in credit card purchase for almost three years. Might be worth it.
                      could be close to $200 in total.

Last edited by LCHIEN; 03-29-2017, 06:30 PM.
                      Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• tfischer
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 2003
                        • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
                        • BT3100

Wow that's finally a good reason to go paperless. I was always reluctant... seems like it saves them a ton of money but I didn't see the value proposition for me. But not having to keep, or be tempted to keep, shoeboxes full of statements is a good start.

Comment

• LCHIEN
                          Internet Fact Checker
                          • Dec 2002
                          • Katy, TX, USA.
                          • BT3000 vintage 1999

If you are going to file a claim, the deadline is Aug 7 for purchases April 2011 to Dec 15, 2016

I decided to go ahead since I have the credit card statements. The money's allegedly already been set aside, so might as well.
                          Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• cwsmith
                            Veteran Member
                            • Dec 2005
                            • NY Southern Tier, USA.
                            • BT3100-1

I too am proceeding, though I have been procrastinating all too much. While we do have all of our receipts and they are separated into the various stores, the largest majority of the HF receipts are faded beyond recognition. While I thought it important to scan my Ridgid tool receipts for purposes of registering them into their lifetime service program, it never dawned on me that I might someday need receipts from HF.

While I can bring a lot of these to legibility with careful scanning, one scanner sensitivity setting does not take care of all the challenges and it's thus far a slow process and one that I confess I've simply put off as it's been very time consuming and there have been other priorities. But here we are with one month left and I need to move this to the top of the priority list.

Personally, I wish there was a regulation that disallowed the use of these heat-printed receipts by retailers. In far too many cases these receipts start to fade withing weeks and by the time you get close to warranty or service limits your proof of purchase is worth about nothing.

CWS

Comment

• LCHIEN
                              Internet Fact Checker
                              • Dec 2002
                              • Katy, TX, USA.
                              • BT3000 vintage 1999

CWsmith, did you get e-mailed receipts?
                              Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• cwsmith
                                Veteran Member
                                • Dec 2005
                                • NY Southern Tier, USA.
                                • BT3100-1

Yes.

But I'm also one of those guys who just tries to keep the clutter out of my "old mail" and even my "recently deleted" mail box. Lesson Learned

CWS

Comment

Working...