• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlos
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

Originally posted by leehljp
    Does the wifi units have anything to do with the up and download speeds?
    Yes. The overall speed will be whatever the slowest connection point is. Apple Airports are simply fantastic, and super reliable, so your results aren't surprising. I only recently stopped using them since Apple has stopped making them, and I wanted newer tech. I had the latest 802.11ac model and they could maintain my full internet speed (330Mbps down/35 up). But that was about their limit, so internal network file transfers were slower than they could be with a faster AP.

Yep, now it's up to 1.35 Mbps
    That's quite horrible. You certainly cannot stream video on that at all. You seem to be confused on the terminology, and if we're going to try to fix something, it's important to use the correct language. You're getting 1.3Mbps download, and 0.3Mbps upload. That's the slowest connection I've seen in a long time. Is it a rural area? What does your ISP say you should be getting? Is there another option in your area such as cable? Do you get the same speeds with a wired device?

Comment

• capncarl
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Leesburg Georgia USA
      • SawStop CTS

Carlos, rural area. This section of the county has outgrown its old dsl line and the provider doesn't see updating it anytime soon. That's the main reason we went with iPad. I would love to have faster connection. I've given up on trying to use autocad on my laptop.

Comment

Working...