X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlos
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

The lower receiver is the only part that is actually a "firearm" in the eyes of the law. It has the serial number, and it alone is the controlled and serial numbered part. It's typically the part with the grip on a handgun or tactical rifle. Here's a bare AR-15 lower: https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/v/v...KN-SBA15-2.jpg

An 80% lower means a block of plastic or metal that has been 80% machined into being a gun, but you have to do the last 20%. The law says an 80% completed lower is not a gun, legally. Therefore you're buying just plastic/metal, not a firearm. No serial number, no gun buying process or paperwork. It's legal for a person to make a gun for his own personal use without any paperwork. I mail order them from Polymer80.com and finish them on the drill press.

The upper receiver is the part with the barrel and bolt attached to it. The upper, and all other parts, are just pieces of metal and plastic, they are not legally "guns."

Comment

• Carlos
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

The AR-15 pistol is just stupid fun.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2005
        • Independence, MO, USA.
        • bt3100

Originally posted by Carlos
        Yesterday I shot this AR pistol and now I simply must have one.
        What caliber is this? What is the model of the sig brace and how long is the Yankee handguard around the barrel?
        She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• Carlos
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2004
          • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

Originally posted by LinuxRandal

What caliber is this? What is the model of the sig brace and how long is the Yankee handguard around the barrel?
          I had somehow totally missed this reply before, sorry. That gun is part of a kit with an interchangeable barrel/chamber assembly, one is .300AAC (300 Blackout) and the other is normal 5.56/.223. I don't know anything more about the brace, I thought they only made one. The kit is from Spike's Tactical.

Comment

• durango dude
            • Mar 2011
            • a thousand or so feet above insanity
            • 50s vintage Craftsman Contractor Saw

I owe my girlfriend some overpriced carbon.... so I’m not allowed to go to cabelas right now.
            They’re only 12 miles away.

That said. I’m a Ruger 3 screw guy.

Comment

Working...