• Show
Clear All
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

Posts update

i just noticed that new posts are not sending the thread back to the top of the stack. .... or is my ipad going batty?
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Carl, I can't be definitive about this but only from my observation. I have weird things like this happen occasionally (once or twice a month) both here and on another site or two. This happened on Amazon a couple of times, it happened on my very secure banking site a couple of weeks ago and I have never had that happen in 10 years. In some cases, it doesn't matter if I am in my basic Safari web browser or Firefox or little known Vivaldi. I could blame it on the web site, as it happens across different browsers. But it doesn't happen to other people, so the only logical conclusion is that it is something in my OS cache, not the browser cache.

As to sending your thread back to the top, I can't say, but for me, when I reply, it goes back to the top. I do check threads if they have new things in them. "Usually" when a reply is made, the subject thread is highlighted as well as returning to the top. Your symptoms are generally symptoms of a web browser cache problem not renewing - IMHO. That said, I personally believe it is a combination of the web site and an individual browser. Some web sites "hand shake" with some individual browsers better than they do with others. Even then, the "/handshake" relationship changes from time to time.
    Last edited by leehljp; 03-05-2017, 09:35 AM.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• capncarl
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Leesburg Georgia USA
      • SawStop CTS

Lee, I agree, it could be my browser. Test it for me...... post a reply on my Clearview thread at the bottom of the page and let's see if it moves to the top of the page. It has 3-4 posts in the last day.
      Thanks
      capncarl

Comment

• leehljp
        Just me
        • Dec 2002
        • Tunica, MS
        • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by capncarl
        Lee, I agree, it could be my browser. Test it for me...... post a reply on my Clearview thread at the bottom of the page and let's see if it moves to the top of the page. It has 3-4 posts in the last day.
        Thanks
        capncarl
        Does this work for you? Not sure what you mean for "Clearview".
        Hank Lee

Comment

• Black wallnut
          cycling to health
          • Jan 2003
          • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
          • BT3k 1999

Interesting. In the forum list your cyclone thread lists as newest updated. However in the "recent posts" it does not.
          Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• leehljp
            Just me
            • Dec 2002
            • Tunica, MS
            • BT3000/3100

This takes me back to the way that this forum interacts with individual computers and browsers. This thread is now the second thread under Recent Posts. The first thread is Jigs. Marks post was at 2:07 (Eastern?) and the Jig Post was 3:19 (Eastern?) in my browser. There is another thread that is above the "Jig" post now. While this is working correctly for me. But I still do not have the full plethora of "edits, quotes, etc" as others do. That is something that the interaction of my browser on my computer does with the forum software. Some kind of "hand shake" as it were, IMO.
            Last edited by leehljp; 03-06-2017, 03:34 PM.
            Hank Lee

Comment

• capncarl
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2007
              • Leesburg Georgia USA
              • SawStop CTS

I find that RECENT POSTS is the most useful tool on this site. I've given up looking for archives, it must be gone.Until lately recent post puts all new threads and new posts at the top of the stack. I was going to update my Clearview cyclone install thread and couldn't find it, thought it to be deleted, and finally located it at the bottom of the page, way out of date order. It had several recent replys and still after my posts on it, it's still at the bottom of the page. It's not a big concern, I've got much more important things on my mind, my wife pointed out that several buckets of pine cones have fallen in the yard and I need to get them picked up!..... like I earlier said, didn't know if it was my browser or something gone goofy with the program.

Comment

Working...