X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jussi
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007

Automatically back up to external ?

EDIT: Nvm I think I figured it out. I wanted to delete the thread but I don't see option to do so.

What's easiest / best way to automatically back up a drive to an external hd? ie just copy new files / folders added. I see lots of software but is there something in windows that can do it. I'm using windows 7.
    Last edited by jussi; 02-17-2017, 10:40 AM.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • cwsmith
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
    • BT3100-1

I'm using Windows 10, and as in all the previous versions I just put most all of my files in a directory "00Files".... and then just drag them to my backup drive.

However, a year or so ago I bought a couple 2 TB Western Digital backup drive and I recall that it has software to automatically do this. Frankly, at the time I bought them I was in the middle of a large project and just didn't want to be bothered with selecting that option. (I seem to be in that rather backwards stance all too often anymore... not having the time to do something that would save me time in the long run.)

It's not part of the Windows 10 options, that I'm aware of; but, it was part of the software to support the backup drives specifically, IIRC.

CWS
    Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• JoeyGee
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2005
      • Sylvania, OH, USA.
      • BT3100-1

Jussi, what did you come up with?
      Joe

Comment

Working...